Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Play this for about 2 hours last night with a friend cow

It's impressive if this was made entirely by one guy in his basement for free, but at the same time that's probably the reason why there are so many problems.

It definitely feels like he is going for a late 90's era MMO (EQ1, UO, etc..) where there is no hand-holding telling you where to go next, and there are a lot of ways to get murdered in the world. So like the poster above me said, it does sort of have a feeling of demons souls in that regard, where exploring the world is dangerous and fun (ignoring the lack of collision on many objects or the bad farclip distance), and where figuring out where to go next is part of the enjoyment, I guess.

Makes you wonder how financially well a properly budgeted MMO infused with these types of elements (with a focus on exploration and mystery/discovery, a lot of danger in the world, and a wide character progression) would do in today's market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU