Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

mushroom_spore posted:

That's me in the reply, redownloading is doing nothing for me. Is there an extra step to uninstalling the game besides just deleting the folder and launcher that came in the .zip?

Check AppData -> Local -> Project Gorgon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Is there a place to go to get level 20ish gear for skills? Or enemies that drop them? Everything I see for sale is in the 30-40 range but it doesn't feel like I can take on much in the way of difficult enemies because all of my gear is bottom tier.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Ratzap posted:

How do you reckon what level you are? Are you going on weapon skill? Endurance level? I looked at all the stats pages and I couldn't see a 'you are level X' anywhere. Have I missed something obvious?

More in that gear says things like "requires hammer 5 and shield 5 to wield" stuff.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Jackard posted:

What do you need to survive the cold weather in Kur Mountains? Is it something special or an acummulation of equipment stats?

I think it's just being a high enough level, having health regen through consumables and using wood to light campfires in the area. Not sure if there's a way to be immune to the cold effect in general.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I just today was able to finally explore all of that mushroom dungeon and only then with the help of someone else. The special ability of the myconians is to disable your basic attack which is kind of a problem when it's easy to pull ten at a time.

Don't risk fighting Tremor in there on a whim, either. His curse disables your basic attack permanently until you manage to kill him.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Once you finish up in the tutorial cave figure out what combat skills you want to try from the wiki. It's all pretty open ended - Learn skills, level them, do favors/quests for NPCs.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

glug posted:

What do you mean 'basic attack'? Do you mean all attacks, like a stun.. or is there some special free attack everyone has that I am not aware of and I always run out of power?

The 'basic attack' of combat skills. So Basic Shot for Archery, Sword Slash for Sword, Pound for Hammer, etc. Normal myconians only lock you out of it for 10 seconds or so when their rage meter fills, Tremor will curse you so that you are locked out of it until you kill him.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Ratzap posted:

Ah yes. My fire magic is at 10 buuuut I can't cast anything but the 3 L0 spells because I've not found any fire dust to research the higher ones and I can't yet kill the things that drop it.

You can sometimes find them under 'used' at certain NPCs. Alternatively I have some I can give you, what's your in-game name?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Ratzap posted:

I thought they might end up there and I check vendor used tabs regularly - never seen any. If you have spares that would be great, I run as my cat - BuffyRodentslayer. What time zone are you likely to be around in?

I'll be on and off sporadically through the day on Aristhrottle starting from now.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I think I found the new thread title.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Ratzap posted:

Thanks, that's a good tip. I'll spend what time I have left today growing beets :)

Is there a command to check if a particular player is on? Or only via friends/shouting?

Many thanks to Aristhrottle, hooked me up with a pile of dust.

You can try using /t playername message and it'll return a player does not exist if they're offline.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

SweetBro posted:

How does one go Surveying?

Joeh (weapon NPC in Serbule) should sell a skill book to teach you the process. Itwill give you a recipe (which he also sells the materials to) to craft some items that display a spot on your minimap when you use them - Go to that spot and use the item again and you have successfully mined/surveyed.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Wolpertinger posted:

Man, I just got myself necromancy on my hours old newbie with the help of a random helpful guy on global and drat is it strong - my posse of skeleton archers just murders anything, and necromancer spell damage is very high - plus, I got like 20 fire salt from the exploding sheep so I got all the level 1-10 fire magic, and now fire spells can actually do damage for once.

Unfortunately, it looks like skeleton buddies don't follow you inside the crypt, and the crypt doesn't count as a graveyard for some amusing reason, so I can't start farming in there, sadly.

You can also summon skeletons if you're around 3+ player gravestones, including your own if you suicide a few times.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Vadun posted:

Can you go from Cow directly to another animal form, or do you need to uncurse yourself first?

I tested it with the druid deer form, you seem to be able to switch freely between them with powers/potions. Curing a form turns you back into a cow until you cure cow, though.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Wolpertinger posted:

You.. can be a cow/deer? And use both abilites at the same time?

No, no, just that from cow you can turn into a deer and back if you have the druid skill to do so. No dual wielding animals just yet.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Alright I was goofing around last night, picked up fire magic and thankfully the vendor had fire dust used. But in picking up skills just to have them I picked up surveying. How does it work because the way I understand it is you level up making surveying maps and the maps require the Redwall Crystal that you get from surveying. I probably misunderstood something along the way and just need some guidance.

The recipe only has a 20% chance of using the ingredient and you'll gain much more redwall crystals by using the surveys you make than you used in making them.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

mushroom_spore posted:

Also, how do I add a character to the spreadsheet without knocking everything out of alignment? I'd like to get Scuttle on there too since Mraaj is abandoning surveys, and Scuttle might take up tailoring too when I run out of other stuff to waste time and pretend money on.

Right-click on the numbers on the left and you can select 'insert 1 above' or 'insert 1 below' to make a row.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Tanners posted:

I'm currently trying to unlock shield skill from the dude in tutorial cave and im 50 favor from Friends. Any advice on where to find gifts for him?

Buy all the cyan, yellow or purple shields you can find in the 'used' category of NPCs and then give them to Tyler, since there's no real reliable way to farm them specifically. It shouldn't take too many if you only need 50 more favor.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Tanners posted:

I've been running psychology as my 2nd skill while I wait. Does anyone know how the rules work for leveling secondaries? Do I have to use the skill every fight to gain experience or just have it set?

e: Also how do I make something Vulnerable?

It's something like x amount of time from using a skill you'll get XP when you kill a monster, I think it's around... 30-60 seconds? Something like that. Just use at least one move from each set during a fight and you'll be fine.

As for vulnerability I don't think it can be manipulated, it just randomly happens during a fight when that symbol pops over their head. You'll notice it occasionally on things that aggro on you well before you actually get close enough to hit them.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Did equipping one skill on both bars end up giving you more XP for it? I didn't do a huge amount of testing but I think I remember seeing that happen.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Most of the people are pretty great, just don't make the mistake of suggesting ways to improve the game. Actually, do make suggestions on how to improve the game and watch certain people just completely lose their poo poo.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Farg posted:

I started playing this game yesterday, level 27/25 fire mage/ psych atm. How the gently caress do I get sulfur and saltpeter?

You can occasionally get some from the bovine in Eltibule. It won't be quick but if you have nothing better to do you can grind some out.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Is there a priest-like class in this game?

Can I be a healer? I'm sick of my archer

I believe you're looking for mentalism skills, here's a wiki with the skills if you want to glance through what has what.

http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

So, since this game reminds me a lot of Asheron's Call, I feel like making some of the same mistakes I did when I played that game. How hosed am I going to be if I try to use staves as my primary weapon?

If a weapon isn't clicking for you just swap over to something else, no harm done.