Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Messin around in this game as lewtt. This game is a weird gem, and the developer is the best kind of whacko. Also got an unpiggy potion, if anyone feels messing around being a pig.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Oh I started the cotton farm last night and while I wait for it to grow I just kill cows on the way to the river to fill all my bottles up.

Also how hard is it to get to the hammer training and get favor with him and how good are hammers in general. If it's to much of a pain I'll just sword and board for a while.

It wasn't that difficult, just kill/buy some faerie wings and give them to the guy. I liked sword and board, but that poo poo was power INTENSIVE. Hammers are great because you can still attack with 5s CD Reckless Slam at 0 power, and "Look at My Hammer" actually generates power and armor. The stun is nice as well, and if you get lucky on item stats, you can almost keep a guy chain stunlocked via 3 skills (using hammer/shield) while doing passable damage.

Sword felt like it had very bursty damage. Hammer feels like it does good, consistent damage.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

wtsnaename posted:

I have Leatherworking maxed as far as recipes go, so as long as I'm around you're better off avoiding the atrocious sink in time and money. You're welcome to give it a shot but there's very little pay off. I'm currently working on maxing tailoring, too, but it is a very very slow process. If you'd like to help the effort you can grow me cotton, though. I need about 4000 at this point.

LatinaPrincess in game

I can grow a bunch of cotton, not really focusing on cooking at the moment. Do you happen to have blacksmithing up? I could really use some more gear since I outleveled my spidergoblin pajamas. I'm not sure what the mats are for a hammer and/or shield set but I'm sure I can get them

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Frog Act posted:

I'm in as DongQuixote, by the way. Seems like there are probably ~15 active players in global chat and a few hundred tooling around. I'm definitely intrigued by this game, just started messing with calligraphy. I think the moment I got exp in "compassion" I knew something unique was going on with this poo poo

Vocabulary is the best, because you literally solve anagrams in a minigame to level it up, and it gives no benefits right now. Click the opaque box at the bottom right

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Oh wow, I didn't know blacksmithing didn't offer gear. I guess I'll hold off on leveling that up.

To clarify, I'm almost 50 in Hammer/Shield, not spider; I'm just wearing lvl 10 spider/crypt and lvl 30 goblin dungeon gear.

I'd like to go to the next dungeon, but I don't know how to get a moonstone (haven't seen it in the cultist chest) so I'm not clear on how to get in.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 27, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Some of the more obscure poo poo:

Level up in surviving food poisoning!

Die to scary monsters!

Study skulls of elves/fairies/goblins to figure out why they are so hosed up!

Kill stuff until you are dead inside!

Treasure cartography is actually pretty interesting!
http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Treasure_Cartography

Become a wandering Psychologist and mez monsters by making them analyze their own baggage!

Interesting characters with quality dialogue!

Die so much you go insane!

Yes, you can fly without druid. Level up lore and use them words of power.

Someone just starting out can use this, because I don't need it.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 13, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
New patch out righ tnow! Lots of stuff added, like the deathtrap dungeon expansion. And 400 craftables or something. And music is now mandatory:

Did the harder part of the goblin dungeon today, which was pretty interesting. Had to clear out tons of locks to get the boss and chest to spawn. The left side was pretty easy, but the right side was a pain in the rear end because of the explosive sigils and watchers. And slimes chasing from rooms across so we could never leave combat.

THEN we got to ciervos the crazy deer. His rage attack turns everyone around him into a deer. 6/7 of us had never really been in deer form before, so we kinda died when we started hitting for 8 damage and being unable to use any of our skills. Also watchers and explosive runes.

40k gold in undeer juice and 30 mins later, we got him:

Loot was hit or miss. Most everyone got dwarven lvl 35 gear from the chest, but some guy got some potion to remove ALL debuffs worth 10k (or 100k? Can't remember.)

Anyway, despite the poo poo loot and length it took, it was a loving blast, because none of it was scripted like 99% of MMO's out today. Most of our near-wipes were avoided by spur of the moment knockbacks or target swaps, and I actually felt like I achieved something at the end, instead of going "ok what's next dungeon i'm supposed to do".

lewtt fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 13, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I hope you fellas like the music ingame because IT WILL NEVER STOP. Playing music while farming gives a chance of doubling your harvest. If you're not farming, playing for a while with others simply gives you a nice xp and regen buff. After about 15 mins of our wicked sick medieval garage band, we had a 11% xp bonus (combat and crafting) with a 6 hour duration. And I had like 120 out of combat armor regen as well.

Also the elves all do a badly mocapped Alizee dance (You probably saw it as night elves in WoW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLKNuhDmfvQ

lewtt fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 13, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Gretchen, the simultaneously best and worst racist!

~~TOOT TOOT TORNADO FUCKER~~

Also jumping on the "Needs a new title" bandwagon. I kinda skipped this game for a while because the awful graphics and "surprisingly playable" tagline kinda left a mediocre image in my head

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

THE PWNER posted:

Lol this is legitimately the best MMORPG I've played since like 2007, why can't I donate?

It's like the glory days of runescape when I was 13, but better

I assume I'm gonna run dry on content eventually and the disadvantages of a 1man dev team will be evident, but right now oh god it's good

What's the devs story? Is he a rich eccentric programmer? Is he an insane autistic basement teenager?

He's a seemingly apathetic ex-dev of Asheron's Call with no marketing skills. But he's got a pretty good (and simultaneously batshit insane) head on his shoulders, a ton of interesting ideas, a lot of time to devote, and the skill to implement all those ideas in a way that works.

He also said he's swapping the game to Unity 5 and releasing it on steam in a few months or so,. How well he handles the whiney entitlement of the mass f2p community who never played an mmo prior to WoW will be interesting. Be prepared for global chat to be spammed with "omg this game sucks i am a cow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
can anyone give me the skivvy on what's happened with the game? I played vehemently right before the update to unity, but took a break because of the constant server issues. Has much progress been made?