Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I'm having way too much fun with this game. Still stumbling around outside killing spiders / pigs, getting owned by tigers. I keep hearing there is a Crypt below the first town, but can't find it for the life of me.

As of now I'm mostly Sword / Archery, i'd like to do Fire Magic / Sword without swapping weapons, but thats easy enough to do in combat as it stands.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Nice, thanks! I'll go into that sewer to clear out that rat quest, and get to the Crypt entrance to get AH going.

Now if only I could pickup grapes yet..

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

:allears: the best reason for the undead

Well, I got foraging up to 5 (seriously, priority # 1, buy a saw in town, go NW and collect Oak Wood until you are 5) cleared out the sewer rats, then made my way to the Crypt. Those spiders sure do make an awesome set of armor.

Unrelated note, I now have Lice. I need to get this cured.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 24, 2015

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Yeah, i'm now able to kill Tigers reliably, and the skeletons around the graveyard. The spiders inside the crypt can really gently caress with you, but there is some great gear in those chests. It's hard to know where is and isn't a bad place to go, so I've just been doing it by trial and error. Death seems to not be very serious, and you even gain Death XP for.. dying in unique ways? Also I have no idea how to tell what level I am, I assume that would be my Endurance level?

my ign is mrkitty

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

glug posted:

Instant Death - FADYUB

edit: just tell someone FAD YUB, and they can remove the space when they say it man. Easy to share.

Used, thanks! Dying level 7 now.

Where do you find these words?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Foraging can be raised to 10 in less than 30 minutes really. Buy a handsaw from Theresa near the garden, go North / North West out of town near the edge of the map and just pickup every piece of Oak wood. There is a very easy loop you can follow. Blue flowers are able to be picked up before Grapes.

Today I'm going to go pick up Staff skill, hopefully. I expect to be underleveled and have problems doing the favors.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

glug posted:

Here's a good strategy: If you want archery and don't want to deal with carpentry and fletching, give me your oak and I'll make beginner arrows for you, and pretty soon the second tier ones. Holy crap fletching stinks.

i'd gladly hand over my ridiculous amount of oak, logging in now as mrkitty

e: ha! server goes down for an update as I log in. I had enough time to select a new hangout :smugdog:

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 28, 2015

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I ran past them this morning. Managed to (finally) pick up Staff with the help of a pubbie to kill the snails for me. He apparently had a Raven form and was flying..? Need to have this.

Afterwords, went to the Crypt planning on just idling and killing spiders around the first chest for webs & skill ups. Ended up finding a group of people running the bosses of the crypt, so I went and tanked some giant skeleton in a corner before eventually getting electrocuted.

Also, Hogan's Keep out in the second zone has some really nice armor. For ~2k I was able to get myself up to 380 armor.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Sir Vanderhosen posted:

Isn't there a normal entrance to the cave in the northwest corner of the map? I'm not sure about the teleport mushrooms since I haven't tried using one since before the patches.

Yeah it's in the NW. Probably a good idea to avoid going to until your mycology skill lets you speak to the mushrooms outside, otherwise you'd miss a good 6 favors or so worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Oh good to know. Yeah I spoke with one to get inside, then ended up outside in the corner, didn't try to re-enter as I was too low level at the time.