Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I only read the first page.

Does this game still have all that weird/cool poo poo in it?

If so it sounds awesome and I'm going to download it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've been playing a couple days now, game is great.

Wanted to be a wizard and got discouraged because I couldn't find fire dust or whatever, but looked on the wiki and saw I had to kill the fire spiders, which wasn't too hard, so I got that sorted.

Today I leveled up battle chemistry a bunch so I could get the go fast thing, which is super worth it, and found out that you also get a golem and you can program it to do stuff with if-then statements, so that's pretty cool. I use that and sword and it's nice, I got a sword that does bonus damage to spiders. Unfortunately it wasn't until I had leveled battle chemistry to lv 9 under the impression that it could only be used with your main hand that I discovered there were offhand items for it.

Also I started getting into surveying, good money in that. I just unlocked the fourth tier of it, and was kind of disappointed that the gemstones you find doing them are still only worth 100 each, while you have to pay 75 just for the paper to make the map. I figure they must be used in some kind of crafting later though so it's no biggie, can still make money on the lower tier ones.

Anyway it's a delightful little game!

My name on there is pisschrist, I went by menachem on ArcheAbortion.

Oh ya I have also been leveling up my fishing.

Really though, when you level up fishing it gives you a special attack for the special bar called "fish guts" where you throw fish guts at the enemy.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Thread title should be changed to "this game is actually really good"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Seriously, I skipped over reading this thread for months because "a surprisingly playable pve sandbox" sound like boring poo poo.

Thread really needs a new title, and there a a zillion lines from the game/thread that would work.

Or "this game is so good!"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dahn posted:

You forgot to skin it

I think you can either skin or butcher but not both.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ruggan posted:

they recently introduced growth bonuses to plants that listen to music, so we needed a guy in the garden playing music 24/7

ive got him to lv 10 in horn and lute, i need to get all the other instruments for him

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
This is the best game

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The quote from the thread that has really stuck with me is "fever dream online."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jackard posted:

Now that Ice Magic is its own thing, does that mean all of the ice spells were removed from the Fire Magic line?

nope, ice magic is a whole new thing, fire magic kept all its stuff

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Farg posted:

I started playing this game yesterday, level 27/25 fire mage/ psych atm. How the gently caress do I get sulfur and saltpeter?

Just ask in chat and somone will usually give or sell it to ya.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I havent played in a couple months maybe? I need to update it and have a look! This is such a cool game

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I haven't played this in months but loved the time I spent in it, I'm happy I can give the dude money now. i really need to download the update.

I assume all my fast haver gear will still work, I can log in to zoom around the slow new people!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 28, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is there still the curse that makes your guy talk poo poo to team mates?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Rush battle chemistry. Have fast.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
After many months i patched it and it looks like i still have my account and my stuff.

my name on there is Pisschrist

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Hey there is lv 60 gardening and cooking now.

I unlocked both of them, gotta grind gardening first it looks like to be able to grow the peppers.

Went and farmed sabretooth things for flower seeds to help with the gardening. Was able to take on 8 at once, so I guess my gear still works for that!

Game looks better than it did in the previous unity engine.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yesterday I ground my farming from 52 to 60.

I learned you can plant 2 of every vegetable at once, not 2 veg + 3 flowers. That helped.

With 54 cooking? For some reason? I can make badass chicken foods, but need coral mushrooms.

Green peppers take 2x water and 2x fertilizer but give you 2 peppers, 4 if music crit procs.

I have a poo poo load of every vegetable now. And tons of flowers.

The lv 55 flower from kur gives + 85 max power.

If any of you want the high end food, just give me coral mushrooms I've got all the rest.

Name in game is Pisschrist.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I haven't really seen anyone looking for cotton, but there are like 100+ people on at any given time now, so maybe im just missing it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ruggan posted:

Wow, 100+ people? Last I was on, it was something in the range of 20-30 peak. Did the kickstarter bring that in?

yep, i just started playing again a few days ago, was amazed how many people are on now

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They added a chat channel system today

use /Join -Gorgoon

the - in the name makes it a private channel

I figure Gorgoon is a p good name.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Nietzschean posted:

What's so wrong with tried and true names like lljk

That would work too

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I have + 2 run speed boots that require you to have lv 40 spider and am currently power leveling up mentalism to use to power level up spider since I can't use sword or fire magic as a spider since spiders don't have hands and can't use swords or staffs so I can get lv40 spider and then stop being a spider and equip the boots for when I'm running so I can run faster.

Best game

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Dang, I've been playing shootmans and missed the fun

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
they changed my name from pisschrist to pisschris :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah no poo poo.

I dont really want to be piss Chris :(

Pisschrist, it's a good name. Blood for the blood God, piss for the piss Christ.

Anyway I messaged the dev a mea culpa and asked if he'd be willing to change it to something else, or if pisschris would be my *cross to bear*

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 29, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Nevvy Z posted:

Someone start a goon guild.

Man, I remember telling people back when that <GS> meant Glug Squad and that SA was South Africa.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ive been playing around in this again,

the other night the full moon started and all the people with lycanthropy got forced into wolf form for the weekend.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inimicul posted:

Did guilds get put in yet?

If yes, is there already a Goon guild created?

they did, but i think there's only one guild, and people use it as a chat channel.

and there is like one goon.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

tater_salad posted:

I'm looking for a casual MMO where I can hop on, slay some poo poo, then hop off for awhile, not grind 100x for a lovely sheild fo gorgon where I need to kill 100 spiders and hope that they drop 50 spider eggs to take ot the emerald former so they can make the gem I need at a 50% chance.

I want to log on, kill poo poo, get better, kill poo poo.. then log off, then later on log on and kill poo poo. etc

This game is that

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
No more server issues, a new desert zone with new mobs and a new dungeon, some other new new dungeons, lv 60 to a lot of skill trees with more on the way, other stuff to do.

Still a charming little game, usually 30-100 people on now.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They're a consumable basically.

There are some use ones that give big boosts to earned xp for 30 minutes, and also some fun ones like super jump.

I think there's one that expands inventory for a period of time too.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh, I think I misunderstood how the mechanics of them. Didn't realize you could make more scrolls and have a chance to get the effect again

e: I'm Kiyro if anyone is actually playing still

Ya you can eventually craft 5 different levels of them.

I'm Druk in the game, formerly Pisschrist, but got badnamed.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
it was my *cross to bear*

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

killstealing posted:

Now I just need a single skill belt

ask in chat someone can make ya one

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
PSA: Xean hasnt appeared in three weeks now.

In three weeks he could have travelled to literally any place on earth. No goon is safe. Watch your six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

killstealing posted:

What chat? I'm not messing up global with my dumb request :V

global chat

thats how everyone gets single skill belts