Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
I never really played MMOs much (aside from a few short stints in Eve :smith:) but I gave this a shot last night and it's a pretty good time. I took Marna's deer quest and punched a buck to death after I used up all my power for fire magic, so I'm pretty sold on this game. I'm in as TruckstopBarbie and I'm pretty useless but it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

Invisible Ted posted:

So I really enjoy this so far, as someone who doesn't really go back to an MMO after a week, but what should I be doing? I've been foraging oak logs, killing some stuff and dying to other stuff, and hanging out with NPCs when I can. Any must-haves/necessary tasks, or should I continue just doing favors for dudes and bumbling around?

E: Also, how do I get crab meat out of crab? I'm guessing I just don't have the recipe or something.

Fainor (the chef) in Serbule will teach you recipes for most of the food, for a price.

I'm just bumbling around, too. Right now it's just fun to see what kind of stuff there is out there and randomly do things because why not? I even tried soloing the Gorgon, got the cow curse, and narrowly avoided it by using a Kill Self power word before the curse timer finished after the respawn. I don't remember if anybody mentioned that already itt, I just tried it at random and it worked. So Kill Self power words are handy things to have.

Building up foraging is good because it lets you harvest seeds and grow them in the garden.

Haven't tried going to Eltibule yet, might give that a go next, but there's still stuff for me to do around Serbule. Does anyone know how to get to the Myconians? I found the exit under the giant mushroom and it says the entrance must be somewhere else. Mushroom Jack wants me to kill some Myconians, assuming they're not just one of his shroom dreams.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

hakimashou posted:

Does this game still have all that weird/cool poo poo in it?

Yeah, I just started and it's pretty much the same as described in the OP. I've been leveling up my cooking, gardening, psychology, and sword skills. Killed a giant bug and gave part of its brain to a dude to make him like me. Got complimented on my tight little rear end by some NPC elf nympho.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

lewtt posted:

New patch out righ tnow! Lots of stuff added, like the deathtrap dungeon expansion. And 400 craftables or something. And music is now mandatory:

Everyone stop to read all the music patch notes. This game! :allears:

e: Wait, there's a "bourgeois dungeon"? Please tell me I get to murder capitalist orcs or something.

Vienna Circlejerk fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 13, 2015

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

look at these newbies making a mess of pig corpses :rolleye:

Kill pig, autopsy pig, butcher pig, bury pig, level up Compassion.