Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CourteousDecapod posted:

I just botched an autopsy on a pig i just killed.
Apparently the killer is still unknown.

I'm Heregeard if you want to add me.

Well logically you know you did it but you didn't discover it from the autopsy. You also mangled the thing so badly not even you can remember if you stabbed it sliced it or lit it on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ruggan posted:

they recently introduced growth bonuses to plants that listen to music, so we needed a guy in the garden playing music 24/7

This game :psyduck: I love it. So much random stuff is happening. Its going to be like dwarf fortress where everything is stupidly detailed and you can basically do anything you can think of with an item except the most obvious thing because the programmer forgot isn't it? If the dev doesn't burn out I see greatness ahead in the odd things you'll be able to pull off especially if complex player constructable are added. I want to dynamically build a house with a swivel points for a catapult to throw rocks at invading ogres or other players. I then want it to be set on fire and the materials burn but not the construction so being in the house does damage and the walls are literally made of fire now.

I can dream of crazy dwarf fortress bugs visualized in glorious 3D open world sand box right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Project Gorgon: Don't be a Tornado-Fucker

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I played for a few weeks a year ago it felt early and felt kind of dead. It was before a major expected content update and the feeling was people were waiting for that. Do goons have a guild that does stuff? Are there other people actually playing no instead of waiting for I think a major gear revamp that was going to obsolete all gear or something.

I last played April 2015 or at least the last time I posted in this thread.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ort posted:

It is kind of frustrating but also kind of cool because you don't see stuff like that in other games. Having unique stuff seems to be this game's MO so it fits.

I never made it that far when the game was free, been thinking of picking it back up, but that sounds very similar to the cold weather effect in Breath of the Wild.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mr. Pickles posted:

Think I wanna try this but it really doesn't feel worth the 40 nostalgia bucks

I'm sure it'll be on sale at some point. If not the Summer Sale, the Winter Sale.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

desudrive posted:

I feel like if they made the game :10bux: with some cosmetics they might pull in more people. Yeah, devs need to eat - but the population needs to expand. I dunno, just a thought. It's a hard sell when say, ESO and GW2 are constantly on sale and just look better to the average consumer.

I agree that there really should be a trial though, maybe with a level cap for skills and with players being limited to the first zone or something (outside of the tutorial). I know the devs were talking about it a while back who knows how far off it is.

I want to see this game succeed!

I believe the reason for the price tag was so that they could offer it at a high discount in steam sales without it getting into the single digit dollar amounts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

No idea! I made a guild for my friends but we really don't care who joins us. Also we may drop this game at the drop of a hat but I try not to leave people stranded.

Guild? I might have to join! I picked this game back up during the summer sale. I never made it too far, something else came out last time I tried this then I forgot about it. Currently enjoying doing newbie stuff.

I still have the same setup I did in 2015, which is fire / psychologist skills are in the 15-20 range. I'm not sure it's a great combo. I've found a few interesting daggers I might try that out.

My biggest problem is there's so much stuff and I have no idea what's worth anything (I assume at this point all the rng gear is garbage because level 15 but I've been holding onto things that look interesting).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

Yah so send me a tell in game and then we have to be in the same zone for a guild invite.

The guild currently does very little for you. Gets you some shared inventory space with the rest of the guild in towns and 3 guild quests can be done per week that gives you special tokens to buy things. I don't know how to do those yet but from what I read on the wiki we are gonna let the animal people do it since it is stupid easy for them.

Just /Tell Grith Invite me you stupid rear end in a top hat and I will see what I can do.

I'll probably write a small starter guide for new players later on today.

Thanks.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The game is as real time as WoW is (not very). It lacks WoW's high precision raids and PvP that require tight timings. I remember back in the 56k days having a ping of 200-300 was good in Counter Strike. Fiber ping from US to EU should be in the 100-200 range, so I imagine it's pretty decent assuming they don't have a lovely route.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You can make profit with cooking using only a vendor. This is useful early on when money is tight. Vendors do have a weekly cap to hope much money they will give you so don't go to crazy. But of if the weekly total is going to reset in a few hours for you and hit are light light as well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Anyone in a decent guild? I think it's fair to say that this game is far too niche for a Goon guild to ever be worth it.

I like goon guilds with 5-10 people trying to make it in a niche game. It makes a close group that works together and showers newbies in everything they need to succeed and get to the point they can start helping the more long term players.

A few hand picked pubbies might not be a bad idea if numbers are stay thin.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Conskill posted:

1) Chests in dungeons often give you various levels of enchanted stuff that's spec-appropriate (this is not guaranteed, but the chance is higher than average). There is, off hand, one easily accessible in the Serbule Sewers and two nearly next to each other in the Serbule Crypt you can loot every... hour, I think?

Yup, every hour, and it's pretty decently farmed most of the time so you can just follow someone in and get free loot. Mark all the chests on your map with markers so they are easy to find on future runs. After a few rotations you should be able to solo the dungeon yourself and no longer have to wait around. 15/15 fire/psych should be able to get to most of the chests (I think there's a few past bosses which are hard to solo). If you can't solo it, it's gear follow some one in, or be social and ask for a clear, but when I was struggling with gear I was the same build (around 10/10) and just farmed stuff there and pushed in when others did.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

senrath posted:

Cool. I'll just poke around at everything this weekend. Gear got reset at some point in there, right?

I had some really old gear, not everything was listed as "broken" though. The broken stuff can be turned into an NPC for a new item that's the same as the turn in's rarity.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

headspace posted:

His focus of late seems to be zones that require a lot of swimming. WTF? Does anyone actually enjoy that? This dude is the indie game dev equivalent of George R.R. Martin. He just does whatever he can motivate himself to do.

The only games I've ever played with good underwater levels are Nintendo games. Super Mario Brothers on the NES and Donkey Kong Country on the SNES, both series have fantastic underwater levels. I'm struggling to think of any other game that takes place primarily on land and had good underwater. I'm kind of struggling thinking of an underwater focused game but I also don't think I've played any but Echo the dolphin as a kid and I don't remember enough.

Maybe the dev thinks he can finally do it right in 3D? I mean that's kind of the charm of this game, it has live events with admins spawning stuff and odd design choices.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

cmdrk posted:

its pretty good and fun but i'm a bit mystified why they did a $40 buy in instead of a f2p+cosmetics thing to draw in whales for funding.

At the time the general opinion in f2p was still cosmetics are a ripp off joke item and f2p was pay2win only.

They were pretty big on this will be free but not pay to win. They are also a small team and really would have issues pimping them out at a rate that would actually make money.

Like it started using only assets from the Unity Store, it still might.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I love janky yet lovable games and there's a special place for this game and I play for a few weeks every year or two. It's so bizarrely good in a Starship Troopers way. Attending a poetry event is just a magical thing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

cmdrk posted:

I thought you had sex with them to get your rep up in the first place!

It's the circle of sex~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They like free to play and seem to still think you have to charge once or monthly with no other way to fund.

I like this game it's like a little gem trapped in the 90s still being refined. With all the weird quirks that 90s games had.

I've never hit more than I dunno 20 in any skill but I pick it up for a few weeks every few years because it's an experience.

That said I'd be willing to throw $5 for that month if they wanted but then they'd have less money than the $40 they already got from me. I'm not even sure that's what I paid, it wasn't on steam when I bought it.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 25, 2022