Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Banana Bread, until they change Sun Vale. You can harvest a ton of nanners, it's a level 45 food for regen, and it's 3 nanners, flour, water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
This game is so cool. Also I registered for the wiki and filled out that treasure cart stuff in return for some dude spelling out the details for me/others in chat. Do that.. ask about complex poo poo that's missing and put it on the wiki. Saves lives.

Your login is your game login, it's integrated.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If I was killing a really high level pig, the only thing in that chain of clicks I'd get xp for is butchering, and only for a little while longer.

well woops, I guess non-ruminant anatomy too. nevermind :(

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Noobs.

Or you can extract skulls.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I like the sturdy sword. Dude is obsessed with sturdiness. Also, Rita and the other chatty bitch in Serbule talk about the tornado loving as well. It is essentially a fact at this point.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
For you level 15 sword type folks, try the crypt in Serbule. Should be tough at that point, maybe bring a friend.. but try it out. It can keep you busy for a long while, and you can also move on.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If you're straight-up begging for some power leveling ask glug when I'm on, and I might be doing Panther farming. You'd just make sure you tag one or heal or something, and you should get xp. Lots for low levels. Also, running two bars of sword, or even running sword and not actually activating anything on your second bar for a minute or two (same effect) is a % above normal xp, but it's not double. Still very useful for leveling faster if that's your goal. You *will* want some kind of cool secondary though.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Here's the new thread title.

Project Gorgon: It's really that simple: two dicks, no soul.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

THE PWNER posted:

Lol this is legitimately the best MMORPG I've played since like 2007, why can't I donate?

It's like the glory days of runescape when I was 13, but better

I assume I'm gonna run dry on content eventually and the disadvantages of a 1man dev team will be evident, but right now oh god it's good

What's the devs story? Is he a rich eccentric programmer? Is he an insane autistic basement teenager?

I have put a great deal of hours in. I am nowhere near running out of content. I am raising another class to 50 while farming for skins I can use to sell to some vendors I've maxed favor with that'll get me a pile of money each week so I can afford to get the skills I'll need to buy for that class I'm raising, finishing off some trade skills, working on some other favor quests and some more elaborate end-game crafting stuff, and I still have barely touched some of the dungeons.

As long as your goal isn't "beat every dungeon, get max level in my chosen two combat skills", it'll be hard to really run out soon.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
In this image, LatinaPrincess is too tired to offer me what a wolf tried, and another deer was finally able to.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Two other notes:
If you were in Sun Vale when you logged out, you will lg in to nothingness, because Sun vale physically moved. You will fall for a while and then die, horribly.

Man, I'm envious of the death xp :)

Also: the update to standardize # of enchantments on loot by rarity is officially known as the Latina Princess Principal.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Best place is Kur Tower in Kur, but not so much at 25. The slow moving but deceptively strong zombies in there drop sulfur and saltpeter, and fire spiders all over drop fire dust.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Blacksmithing has a few odd pieces like shoes for animals. Toolcrafting has a few things.. Spring Fairy equipment and Snail equipment. None of them seem to be fully 'together' really. I recently got the recipes for the spring fairy chest/legs/shoes.

So.. crafting is rough.
It's typically expensive, because everything needs at least one gem (usually specific to your skill, so using a Peridot will make equipment that requires Archery and has Archery mods). When you craft the item, it can randomly be Uncommon/Rare/Exceptional/Epic/Legendary, or Green/Cyan/Purple/Bright Purpleish/Yellow, and those items have 1/2/3/4/5 different randomly-selected mods on them respectively. The chances of a higher tier item are fairly low, and then you might get one with all of the wrong mods on it vs. what you're looking for. That goes for all equipment crafting.. cloth, leather, toolcrafting, blacksmithing, and staves. There are also Max-Enchanted recipes, that require an additional gem.. a 'maximized' Onyx, Bloodstone, or Sardonyx (high favor to get recipes with a fairy in the Winter Nexus).. basically gems converted with 2 winterprize gems and a sharpening stone. These recipes automatically have one additional mod on them.

So basically, you want to make quality leather Archery boots.
15 maximized onyx
15 peridot
75 quality leather
15 leather strips

The results of this might be 10 green boots (trash), 2 cyan (also trash), 1 purple, and if you're really lucky, 1 bright purple. So you have maybe two pieces of equipment out of this that might have some of the enchants you're looking for, or might absolutely not.

Crafting is a grind to get the 'right' gear. But it's something to do when you're 50 in a bunch of skills and waiting for the game to get around to adding the next two stages of levels/content.

That being said, if you want to collect something like quality leather, shoddy leather, an appropriate gem, winterprize, and the onyx/sardonyx/bloodstone that you need maximized for different types of equipment, I'm sure goons would have no problem running the combines for you. I can do leather, staves, toolcrafting, LatinaPrincess can do probably everything.

We also do oils, but that's a whole other complicated thing.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Really, the problem is that the game is going to be 100 levels, with 25 'bonus' levels for many skills, and right now we're capped at 50 in a newbie-ish area. The dev discussed this a bit.. content that we're seeing is really designed for us having gear with 1-2 useful mods on each piece maybe, mostly blues with a few better if we're lucky.. and we're playing capped out at 50 and working towards 'best in slot' pieces for what is essentially newbie/mid levels, and trying to duo or solo the hardest content in the game.. when it'll likely become trivial when things open up and we're 10 levels higher or more.

So.. if you get to the point where you're 50 and looking for things to do, crafting 50 gear is cool. You use the same gems (not the maximized) for lower level crafting, so it's not the most ideal thing to do, especially with the randomness of things.. you are likely better off wearing the appropriate belt and doing a dungeon for some boss drops and chests. Another good reason to craft gear when you're 50 and need something to do is to determine if you like it at all for when the game 'opens up', or to make suggestions about it. Hell, it used to be that each 'tier' had a random # of mods.. green might have 1-2, blue might have 1-3, purple 2-4, yellow 3-5. So, you could have a blue piece with 3 mods, just as good effectively as your lucky yellow piece that ended up rolling poorly with 3 mods. LatinaPrincess crafted the gently caress out of things and then posted a lengthy suggestion on the forums about it, and now there's an extra color tier, modified frequency of the different rarities, and a static # of mods (green/blue/purple/"bright purple"/yellow have 1/2/3/4/5 mods).. which is a lot more clear and less frustrating when you can just gloss over a green/blue piece now as being useless in terms of upgrades.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
In part I guess because he's got a bunch of ideas and is spacing them out? Like the new augment oils were supposed to be for level 75, but people are stuck at 50 for too long. And I assume he's looking at adding more zones and more challenging combat?

And, of course, so we can strive to get server first level 125 gender studies.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Also, now you know why there were giant warning screens and spam. Another example of a curse.. LatinaPrincess decided to try and take on one of the final bosses of the game (currently) solo. Now, if you group with him, he will randomly say poo poo like "C'mon Glug, you're looting everything and I'm not getting poo poo!" or "I know you're kind of young but could you at least TRY a little bit?"

Not kidding.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
That sounds slick.

Also: sorry I'm not on at the moment.

The Witcher 3.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I miss you my latina princess <3

Popped on today for a few, out for the week again. But I did some cheesing, and made some WOP's out of my cheddar and a bunch of money and stuff.

20 level 5 WOPs (should've been 21 but one recipe bugged?)

Self Resurrect, Full heal x2
+100 Inventory for 1h x4
Flight for 1h x2
Health Regen +20/sec for 15m x2
+60% Combat XP for 30m
Rakshasa Illusion - 150s x3
Pig Form!
SuperJump 1h
Epic Loot 15m +Legendary Equip x2
Disgusting Body Odor (tauntx4 and -hygiene) x2

I'd say that covers all the possibilities, but considering how I have only 1 each of a few, I doubt it. Guess who can't wait to do a supergroup DC boss camping run with +100 inventory and +epic loot.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Dear game,
I miss you. Sorry that my life got nutso.

LP I still dream about you.

-Glug

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
And don't forget.. some things might not look like healing out of the box, but there are tons of skill-specific mods on weaponry and armor, and certain abilities are somewhat transformed by these.

For example - Sword Slash has a x% chance of hitting all enemies in a 5m range. Something that turns a skill from single target to AOE. There are skills that heal one of your three bars with mods.. I think someone did a data dump on the wiki with a lot of the possibilities out there, and LatinaPrincess and I got real spergy for a while before work devoured our obsessive game times.

Basically there's a ton to do, and the only things you can't un-do are lycanthropy and becoming a druid, unless something new was added.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Another important thing about this game is that you can get a quest from someone that you are not going to complete for a very long time. It is not level based, merely what quests that person offers, and aren't meant to happen in some regular order.

Hell, someone might ask you for some cheese that someone who has spent months playing the game can't make yet. Cheese is mastercrafting.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

hakimashou posted:

Is there still the curse that makes your guy talk poo poo to team mates?

That's the best loving curse, because wtsaename can be an ornery bastard as it is, so we could never tell if it was him or the curse talking.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Chickens are dinosaurs. And elves have two dicks.

The game spits the real.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I don't understand how you can read my post (or the other goon's) and take away that we think the skill/favor system itself needs to be less "complicated", whatever that means. I guess I wasn't clear in saying that I think the tangled web of skills and favor is really cool. My criticism is just that, as a more casual player, sometimes I get frustrated because, like, I log on and remember I have the perfect number of some item for quest X, but then I realize there are eight other parts to the quest and why did I save those, because I'm sure I had some sort of plan but now I can't remember it.

I think the intent, to some degree, if you're not going to look at wikis and whatnot, is to communicate. When you ask "does anyone have ____ cheese for sale?" usually someone should chime in and let you know that this is a very long term goal, and to try something different for now. As for something like Fainor, it's far more achievable. I don't think you need much favor to make bacon, and he should give you a quest for cabbage, easy enough to grow I think, or you can turn in meat or fish to him, before you learn how to cook it. The abundance of those things and their proximity to the town make initial favor with Fainor an easy goal, and therefore bacon and Joeh an easy goal for additional storage when you want to try out different types of gear.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

massecurr posted:

I just started playing this crazy rear end MMO and I'm in love with it, although I would be loving fantastic if I could find a sword that's better than the starter and didn't require an obscure skill, as of right now I got either 7 levels of sword grinding or figuring out how to gain levels in Spider.

Wear a belt. You can get some cheap Sword+x belts in town, probably from Joeh. You can beg a high lever player likely to make you a full-sword belt. A certain percentage of your magic loot has a chance of being rolled against your belt skills, meaning if you have a Sword+Psychology belt, there's a better chance that when you find a sword, it'll roll sword or psych skill reqs and mods on it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Yeah, if I'm not trying to get the perfect piece of archery boots or some crap like that, I usually found it worthwhile to use a dual belt with my target secondary on it. As it stands, in most cases you're going to be better off with the rare mixed gear that fits your two skills anyway.. many mods are limited to specific pieces of equipment, and you might find that the transformative mods like adding a stun or aoe to a skill show up on the same piece of equipment, and you're best piece might be a pair of boots with 2 such mods from two different skill sets.

But it's been a while, and minmaxing is for a game that's done at 50, 50 is mid-level once they roll out the rest of this baby.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Now, are they dumping the current build and characters, and starting a fresh load for the kickstarter alpha/beta, or is it going to carry over existing characters?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Be nice if it launches with an ability to one-time change your characters race and remove some perma-skills.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
It's all good Urinelord, we know who you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Still means Glug Squad.