Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I've tried to get into this game a few times and the difficulty from level 1-15 starting out has always made me stop, but today I just made a break for the druid shrine at level 5 sword or something and have been leveling druid since then. It is a lot more enjoyable (only 11 so far) and seems pretty versatile. I'm usually around in the mornings if any other goons are doing stuff around that level (Blurtet is my name).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So I've made it to 25ish as druid/psych and the game just feels like it's really dropping off. Leveling seems super slow and the story seems to have disappeared once I killed goblins in eltibule. I've been leveling in the serbule crypt and mushroom dungeons, am I supposed to just be grinding in those until 35ish then go to goblins?

Inimicul posted:

The story does kind of peter out there. The rest of the NPCs you encounter all have their own things going on but nothing like a story arc. At 25 you may be better off in Crypt or random open world mobs around Eltibule or Sun Vale. Personal preference, mostly.

How are you liking Druid / Psych? Sounds like a full blown healer build.

Thanks for the advice, I think one of the reasons that leveling was so slow was because I was druid/psych. My damage was really lacking and I struggled to outdamage the regen of the slimes in that dungeon under the hand. Right now I'm trying druid/necro and rotskin seems like it really benefits the pets. What other combos might be good to bulk up my damage a bit? Mentalism? It seems I see a lot more necros than animal handlers, but that also sounded fun.

Ort fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 16, 2016

It is kind of frustrating but also kind of cool because you don't see stuff like that in other games. Having unique stuff seems to be this game's MO so it fits.

Jamcreek posted:

This game looks interesting enough.

I basically grew up in Asherons call and been looking for a simillar game to fill the void since AC was shutdown.

My main concern with this game is the player population. Is it even a decent amount of players online?

Or will i for the most of my time wander around in a empty world?

Off topic but there are a couple of decent AC emulators up and running. Currently the state is somewhere around Dark Majesty with the intention of bringing it up to live status before shutdown.

On topic, as a huge AC fan Project Gorgon has some of the cool elements of an early MMO but it is not like AC, so if you go in expecting it to be a replacement you'll be diappointed. It is still an awesome game, though.