Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

swamp waste posted:

I know this is reductive but I'm kind of feeling it. I don't see a single core mechanic in let's say Assassin's Creed that is dynamic enough that they can really "test" you on it; if you place your guy within the collision frame and press the right button he will rictus into the same canned animation in the same way as every other time. it's not something like Mario where split-second differences in your inputs affect trajectory and momentum in a way that a player can get significantly better at manipulating.

The final boss fight of AC1 is much faster if you have mastered the hidden blade riposte, which you can make it through the entire game without even finding out about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread