Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Alain Post posted:

are there any FPSes with final bosses that you'd actually call good (instead of memorable, I guess? I freaking love Hans Grosse and Robo-Hitler but they aren't exactly the deepest fights in the history of FPS gaming)

Hahaha gently caress no. The best one I can think of was the gigantic final boss of Serious Sam 1 but even that one wasn't stellar or anything.

The best final boss of all time was Mike Tyson. More games need to have a colorful cast of stereotypes that leads up to a real world champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The best part about Deus Ex: Human Revolution was how the game encouraged stealth gameplay and then threw boss fights at you that almost required brute force, so you were hosed if you actually played stealthy.

Did the final boss in that game have that problem too?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Every boss in Dead Rising 1 and 2 is total loving bullshit and the reason why I hate those games. I assume 3 is the same.

Some of the psychopaths in both games are fun but you're right, and Dead Rising 1 had the worst final boss I think I've ever seen. He shows up out of nowhere, you get unarmed going in to fight him (after you spent the entire game killing zombies and psychos with whatever was sitting around) and he's essentially impossible. Unless you learned the crazy broken spinning move thing (Frank just twirls around with his arms outstretched like a little kid trying to get dizzy, which somehow decapitates any zombies in the way and causes massive crab damage), which you can just spam him with and win with no effort.

2 was better and actually had a halfway decent villain but his fight still sucks.

How was 3?

gay skull fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 18, 2015

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

NuttO posted:

thought this was a cool thread, but then the op started insulting charlie brooker. that's real messed up imo

He had it coming, good boss fights rule.

Even the greatest game of all time, the perfect game, the game formed in Christ's own hands before he fled Earth after his resurrection would have ended with a wet fart without its final boss.

gay skull fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 28, 2015

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I'm going to release a gaming console where all the games cost around $15, they're all an hour or two long and all you have to do to win is push Start. No QTEs, no boss battles, no interruptions to move your character to the next setpiece, nothing. It's gonna be awesome and everyone's gonna love it.

• Locked thread