Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Wolfenstein: The New Order had some pretty cool boss fights.

The last boss was a fitting tribute to Mecha Hitler while still doing its own thing. It has two stages, one which is the traditional 'puzzle' fight (you have to destroy Zeppelins that are powering his shield, then beat the crap out of him) but the last fight is a proper arena fight with just you vs him.

Most western boss fights suck. Even Quake had some terrible ones. Shub-Niggurath was terrible, if you consider killing him to be the actual fight and not the million enemies you have to kill to begin with.

e: Final boss of The New Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Ipw5dvBfU

It's been a while since I've played Wolfenstein (the one before this) but I remember some of the boss fights in that being pretty cool too.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Geight posted:

One sucky part about the second phase is that the boss is completely immune to damage whenever he plays his "you just did some damage to me" animation, so the most effective way to fight him is to fire a rocket or two, wait for that animation to finish up, then fire another rocket or two. They should just let you go all-out at that point instead.

Is this correct? They may have changed it but I remember beating him on Death Incarnate by just unloading everything at him. Didn't seem to matter much if he was in the 'I'm hurt' animation.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

So Icey Seifuku posted:

Third page and nobody mention God Hand yet.

That ties pretty much into the "Japanese games have the best boss fights" idea, though.

Yes, the bosses are incredible in that game. Virtually any of them would be final boss quality in any lesser game.

e: Another awesome final boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul1xpkIPYyo

A one-on-one fight, on top of a tank, with the rear end in a top hat sent to bury the evidence.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 17, 2015

• Locked thread