Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

Niggurath posted:

All in all though, I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned the reveal in this update. I suppose everyone already saw it coming that the girl in white and the girl in red were the same person? And that their soul was just split in two by grief and confusion.

Well, you did mention Silent Hill.

What's nice about this game is that it more or less stands alone--you don't need to have played the previous game, any references to events in the past can stay in Noodle Incident territory. (Though of course if you know what these events in the past are, it adds depth to the current plot.)

What's not so nice about this game is that it ends up tracing a similar plot arc as the original. And either locks the ending of the previous into the Bad End (the curse is obviously very much still around, so obviously Asahi still hates the world and everything in it) or renders the Good End meaningless (the curse is very much around despite Asahi having come to terms with what the game was supposed to represents). Either way, it's almost better that you come in not knowing what happened previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
Does collecting all cartridges accomplish anything plot-wise, or is it just a Thing You Can Do?

• Locked thread