Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011
I couldn't resist laughing at the climax when Red Akane was charging at you head on and then you side-stepped. And then keep on strafing. It'd look ridiculous if it's a movie :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011
I don't like the true end mostly for the lack of reaction at the game's hate rant from the player. It'd feel more natural if the Davey says something stubborn about saving Ren instead of staying silent from start to finish. Instead, it's like Davey had a sudden fit of stupidity and sleep-walked into the trap :downs:

The other problem is that the game immediately start to speak the moment you get out of Ren's room, it feels like the game can bend reality enough to try ensnaring you anyway even if you say no unless you plan to stay in the room forever and starve to death or something.

On the other hand you can see it coming somewhat given how everyone kept saying the game being manipulative.

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

(I also like to think that the faceless effigy is itself parts of the game; hence the e-mail when you don't have them all, "where is my body", and then it changing once you have all of the various parts. But of course, this is all just fun speculation.)

I always thought it was kind of a backup plan by the game, to leave its mark on the player or something vague like that. I like your explaination about the Yes/No choice though.

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

I'd just like to say that it shows admirable restraint on the part of the developers that not once did either game go "but actually the real cursed game IS THE ONE YOU ARE PLAYING RIGHT NOW AND NOW YOU THE PLAYER ARE CURSED WOooOoO!" :v:

Great LP of a hidden little horror gem and more awesome props to the translation team. Honestly there were several parts throughout the LP that I forgot Niggurath wasn't playing an officially-translated game. Great job everyone. :golfclap:

I *did* forget. Hats off to the translator! :woop:

• Locked thread