Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm giving up loving awia's mom for lent. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jonny 290 posted:

they got rid of 110% of the childfucking

...unfuck them somehow???

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
eh i'm probably closest to that poo poo as anybody as the priest that married my parents was defrocked and there was actually a question for a bit as to whether or not they'd have to get married again, cause if he molested kids before their wedding day he was no longer a priest at that moment and RULEZZZZZZ

anyways the only way to save that poo poo is to just stay positive moving forward, assist previous victims when possible and lock that poo poo down from happening in the future. ffs let priests get married they are going CRAZY

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
im giving up nothing

hail satan

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
did u know, you're allowed to eat beaver tail on lent, because it's considered fish?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

JewKiller 3000 posted:

community is good and people like rituals but not if the buy-in is believing in a bunch of horse poo poo, can't we figure out a better way

i prefer associating with people based on our shared love of vintage computing and bad science fiction

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Jonny 290 posted:

eh i'm probably closest to that poo poo as anybody as the priest that married my parents was defrocked and there was actually a question for a bit as to whether or not they'd have to get married again, cause if he molested kids before their wedding day he was no longer a priest at that moment and RULEZZZZZZ

anyways the only way to save that poo poo is to just stay positive moving forward, assist previous victims when possible and lock that poo poo down from happening in the future. ffs let priests get married they are going CRAZY

i have a weird relationship with catholicism because my dads family is fairly catholic in that there are many nuns and there was a priest in the family (until he left the church to marry my aunt). but they're all like super liberal and there are pictures of my nun aunts in their frocks like protesting in the 60s and stuff so idk what to think of it

they're basically like catholic jews i guess

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

community is good and people like rituals but not if the buy-in is believing in a bunch of horse poo poo, can't we figure out a better way

unitarian universalism case closed moving on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

they're basically like catholic jews i guess

hahah at the end of that paragraph about the priest, i thought to myself oh my god catholics are just messianic jews

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
umm I don't think priests are loving kids because they can't get married

and yeah I considered becoming catholic because I love the ritualism but then I read the part about if u disagree with the church ur automatically excommunicated until you repent and was like lol what's the point of converting if I'll instantly be a heretic

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Panty Saluter posted:

im giving up nothing

hail satan

I'm praying for you

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I'm giving up God for lent

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

PuTTY riot posted:

I'm giving up God for lent

I'm giving up atheism for lent

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember when I was a kid the priest at our local church lived with his "parish assistant" and no one was bothered by it. After he retired they bought a place together. Looking back on it, it's really surprising that no one complained or made a big deal about it.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Yeah no one still cares to this day

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

gonna give up sucking cock, OP. not sure how ima make rent (no cs degree..) but its worth it to be right with G*d
jews don't do lent and even if they did they'd find some weird ancient bylaw to get around it like if u tie a string around the cock and sprinkle aome salt it's totally ok to go to town on that fat uncut knob

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

I remember when I was a kid the priest at our local church lived with his "parish assistant" and no one was bothered by it. After he retired they bought a place together. Looking back on it, it's really surprising that no one complained or made a big deal about it.

please post a pic of the parish assistant. if you post a pic of microwaves mom im going to be really pissed off

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Pinball Wizard posted:

umm I don't think priests are loving kids because they can't get married

it would be a big step towards reconciling the priesthood though, we need to acknowledge that they are ordinary human beings with desires and biological things going on and not just little shotglasses full of God running around

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Orthodox priests can marry. That's just some dumb papist poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pram posted:

Orthodox priests can marry. That's just some dumb papist poo poo

nobody cares about the orthodox, they're like the Fashion Week of religion

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Smythe posted:

please post a pic of the parish assistant. if you post a pic of microwaves mom im going to be really pissed off
I don't have any pics but the parish assistant was an older French dude.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
whats lent

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

KARMA! posted:

whats lent

40 days of self repentance to prove your faith in our lord Jesus Christ.

So far i've hidden my kindle in my closet. Not going to use it. Nope. Not these 40 days.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

I don't have any pics but the parish assistant was an older French dude.

well thats a downer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
was hoping fr the sexy nun look

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'm probably going to stop using electricity.

EDIT: on my balls

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KARMA! posted:

whats lent

its the time when theres fish sandwiches at all the fast food chains

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Stop posting

EDIT: stop posting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Megaspel posted:

I'm probably going to stop using electricity.

EDIT: on my balls

every time i see "barely used TENS unit" on craigslist i cringe real hard

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

surprising number of papists in yospos

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
40 days without Party Mode in windows media player :smith:

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

newreply.php posted:

40 days without Party Mode in windows media player :smith:

You can do this. It will be difficult but look to the lord for strength.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm going to start a religion called the church of jesus christ the carpenter and flannel enthusiast

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i'm going to start a religion called the church of jesus christ the carpenter and flannel enthusiast

im down

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

meet at LL bean and home depot on alternating sundays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bobbilljim posted:

meet at LL bean and home depot on alternating sundays

and the tat shop

• Locked thread