Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I just can't get into Behold a Seventh Planet. It's way too cerebral and the Eisenstein-esque editing can make it difficult to tell the difference between what is real and what is an illusory product of the captain's increasing deranged, paranoid psyche. I can see why it's considered a classic, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Dear readers, I come to you preaching highest blasphemy: erase the memory of Seventh Planet from your minds - The Submarine Gang is the true pinnacle of the budding scientifiction film genre. While X-Cam's previous film, the box office smash King Con, consisted of a single note (albeit well executed), Gang is a more subtle and rewarding concerto. Sparse production values cannot hide the myriad depths of the complex, deeply allegorical script, and up-and-coming director Lynette Brooks wisely leaves most of the prominent questions unanswered, inviting the viewer to contemplate on the potential meanings of the individual elements. The entire effect lends the production a disarming, dreamlike quality, making the moments of punctuating action all the more intense by comparison. Eventually, dream descends into nightmare, and culminates in an ending that I dare not spoil here. 5 Stars.

• Locked thread