Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

crunk dork posted:

If I pair two guys together for long enough will they fall in love?

not if they're both actual guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Hard was too hard for me because I like FE games but I'm still really bad at SRPGs

it starts out pretty rough but as you level up your dudes basically become invincible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

crunk dork posted:

If I pair two guys together for long enough will they fall in love?

Not in awakening but you can in the new one (depending on which version you buy)

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

the ideal difficulty setting on it is hard i think, even that gets pretty easy though

played normal classic the first time, but thinking about doing the second playthrough on hard with casual mode
a shameful gamer am I

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

Not in awakening but you can in the new one (depending on which version you buy)

They have a no queers allowed version??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

crunk dork posted:

They have a no queers allowed version??

One has a lesbian couple and one has a male couple.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

One has a lesbian couple and one has a male couple.

That's even cooler

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
is triforce heroes fun for non-zelda-likers? i liked four swords but never could get anyone to sit down and play it for longer than "throw each other into a pit for 5 minutes"

or should i just get super pokemon mystery dungeon

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
you can play with other people online, but i dunno why you'd bother if you don't like zelda games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not a 3ds game but I'm going to buy the Valkyrie profile SRPG ds game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

It's not a 3ds game but I'm going to buy the Valkyrie profile SRPG ds game.

It was fun from what I can remember and pretty ruthless.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ludwig van Halen posted:

played normal classic the first time, but thinking about doing the second playthrough on hard with casual mode
a shameful gamer am I

i made the mistake of playing hard casual and you dont want to do that. it turns it into a joke

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
The difference between classic/casual has to do with perma death right? I know that I've soft reset many a time early game when I lost the fight. I finally gave up on that dumbass village kid character

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

OTOH hard hardcore has loads of bullshit reloads like guys spawning from stairs on set turns and ganking your healer, on the same turn, while you watch and shrug

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

OTOH hard hardcore has loads of bullshit reloads like guys spawning from stairs on set turns and ganking your healer, on the same turn, while you watch and shrug

yeah that's true, but also you can just send everyone on suicide attacks and they'll all level up and become invincible

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

Yo-kai watch is a good monster collecting game.

ill take your word for it ty ... im gonna get it , but i dont know much about it other than its by the fantasy life dudes.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

crunk dork posted:

The difference between classic/casual has to do with perma death right? I know that I've soft reset many a time early game when I lost the fight. I finally gave up on that dumbass village kid character

yep
when i do a soft reset i usually just set the game down and tell myself i'll come back to it another day because i don't feel like having a do over

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dragon quest 7, 8 and 10, for the 3ds. smt iv-2 ... :D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh yea and the new fire emblem game thats actually ;like 3 games or something. my god.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i think i'm gonna get fire emblem awakening even though i've never played a fire emblem and suck at SRPGs because it looks cool. any tips for not sucking?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ill take your word for it ty ... im gonna get it , but i dont know much about it other than its by the fantasy life dudes.

I'm having fun with it although the recruiting RNG might be a pain in the rear end when you are wanting to fill your collection. Also the boss fights are smart designed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Play it on normal classic for the best first experience, IMO. Enjoy yourself and don't worry about min/max or whatever, it should be a nice balance of difficulty for a first timer

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

i think i'm gonna get fire emblem awakening even though i've never played a fire emblem and suck at SRPGs because it looks cool. any tips for not sucking?

It's the easiest FE ever but just keep healers out of enemy range, fliers out of Archer range and archers out of melee range

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Play it on normal classic for the best first experience, IMO. Enjoy yourself and don't worry about min/max or whatever, it should be a nice balance of difficulty for a first timer

hard mode IMO. its actually not particularly hard. maybe in the sense tha smt iv normal mode was hard at the start

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm having fun with it although the recruiting RNG might be a pain in the rear end when you are wanting to fill your collection. Also the boss fights are smart designed.

tyvm. sounds cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't finish the game on hard mode classic but maybe I just a failtard.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Jaws

YOSPOS Watch...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Quest 7 - 8 - 10

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

Dragon Quest 7 - 8 - 10

cos 7 ate 9 :-)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

10 is an MMO...I don't think it's coming to 3ds

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i meant 11. 11

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i meant 11. 11

A 3ds can play DQ 4,5,6,7,8,9 and 11. Good lord

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its blwoing my freaking mind that 11 on the 3ds is basically going to be a different game to 11 on the ps4. and not only that, the 3ds version is going to be 2 different games inside of the same game. gameception lol. like the movie inception, the only movie in the last 15 years that reeally amde me stop and think. except for the msatrix

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

yeah that's true, but also you can just send everyone on suicide attacks and they'll all level up and become invincible

Yeah, bullshit deaths suck but hard difficulty seems balanced around you meticulously planning each turn to avoid unit deaths, if you're willing to just finish each map at any cost and get all those dudes back it seems like it'd be a pretty lame experience.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

its blwoing my freaking mind that 11 on the 3ds is basically going to be a different game to 11 on the ps4. and not only that, the 3ds version is going to be 2 different games inside of the same game. gameception lol. like the movie inception, the only movie in the last 15 years that reeally amde me stop and think. except for the msatrix

The Matrix was 16 years ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Matrix was 16 years ago

1998 was 30years ago.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
The Matrix was about pizza.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011