Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I have a node project that is a webserver. It uses grunt and express. I'd like to interactively debug it. I have node-inspector installed and it connects at first but it doesn't hit breakpoints on subsequent http requests. How do I get this to work??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol at how dead this thread is. I just came across some buggy rear end behavior and wanted to ask wtf am i doing wrong

this doesn't work, my strategy never gets called
code:
app.post('/butts', passport.authenticate('local-signup', {
        //successRedirect : '/profile', // redirect to the secure profile section
        //failureRedirect : '/signup', // redirect back to the signup page if there is an error
        failureFlash : false // allow flash messages
    }));
this does.
code:
app.post('/butts', passport.authenticate('local-signup', {
        //successRedirect : '/profile', // redirect to the secure profile section
        //failureRedirect : '/signup', // redirect back to the signup page if there is an error
        failureFlash : false // allow flash messages
    }), function(req, res){
      console.log("passport user", req.user);
    });
but all the docs say the first way should work!

• Locked thread