Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Tianzi hotel in Langfang China....hahahahhaa

These look like Chinese versions of those midwestern statues of Paul Bunyan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Re: all the city planning talk.

Couldn't every problem with parking and cities and the uglyness and everything just be fixed with enough underground parking garages?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Here in Baltimore we have the Emerson Bromo-Seltzer Tower, of which all the best pictures are thin and narrow or decades old. Here's a picture of it in its full current context:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Needs some fountains in the front. And pennants. And a digital sign.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You can see ugly Queen Anne houses throughout all of America, many of which were built ~100 years ago. I'll admit that that is horrible.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

One thing that makes concrete nicer is stucco or some sort of stone facade.

It's for brick, not concrete, but how do you feel about formstone?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Are there any high-rise apartment building split-level units? An eighty-story high-rise divided into three-floor units, with three bedrooms and a bath up top, a living room, dining room, and kitchen in the middle, and utility space/rumpus room on the bottom would be a sight to behold. Even with a divided entry. If this doesn't exist, why not?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Has there ever been an analysis of why people like glass and metal boxes inside a forest setting?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Great link by the way.

This is the interior of the brutalist Basilica of St Pius X.

There's something so unnerving about the walls or the lighting or maybe the shape of the room.

Just looks like a normal sports book.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

MikeJF posted:

I'm pretty sure the glass part is easy to figure out.

It's still a sickness. You could post a rendering of a 10x 10 metal and glass cube in a woodland setting on your Facebook right now, and it would get 50 likes. Even if you only have 10 friends. People just love that poo poo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lt. Tanaka posted:

I like it. It's quite a nice thing really.

Terrible to heat and cool and no closet space.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Sagrada Familia is amazing it's like something out of a weird future where we're all hyper-evolved slug people with giant brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I still say, and I've said it in this thread before, that parking requirements are fine as long as it's UNDERGROUND parking. The only problems are wah wah wah it's expensive <fart>.

• Locked thread