Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

I don't know what the gently caress the OP is on about and most of this thread is full of architechtural goodness as far as my untutored eye goes, but I think many will agree that this is an eyesore:

Mississauga (Ontario, Canada) city hall. Horrific.

Tochiazuma fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Ogive posted:

This is pretty proper for Mississauga. Missisauga is where souls go to die. Well, maybe not die, exactly. More like slowly dissolved.

I like to imagine that it gives people in Mississauga something to do. Like, stand there and examine the layers of ugly. Because I'm sure there's gently caress all else to do there.

edit: for some content, I really like the rest of the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario but I don't like the Stephen Hawking Center addition on the front of it:

Tochiazuma fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 4, 2015

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

American Embassy in Ottawa, if the intent was to put up an ugly building that looked like it had a bunker in the roof then Mission Accomplished

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Grim Up North posted:

That hut on the roof is for the all the spy equipment.

I always thought it was some sort of escape capsule that would fly off in case of trouble

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Cultural Imperial posted:

The ROM is a pretty hilarious loving imitation. Canadian exceptionalism :rolleyes:

loving Canadians imitating a design by building it four years earlier :rolleyes:

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

With a bit of

and perhaps

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

I'm going with themed restaurant here

Ding ding.

"Sapporo Kingumu Dance Hall & Bar-currently closed."

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/f10l5vst/9799774.html

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Munin posted:

I like the ratio of storage to living areas.

I guess over time the 'living areas' become 'restaurant' since there's so little storage

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Chinatown posted:

im gonna make a brutalist gingerbread house

Here's some inspiration

[edit: might as well just link the picture]]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

• Locked thread