Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Sheets are an affectation of the bourgeoisie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Most of 'em are still around too, primarily because it'd be a colossal pain in the rear end to remove that much concrete.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Kavak posted:

Now imagine that room with the same kind of blank white tile on everything.

It'd probably look cool as all hell. Esp. if everything was a slightly different shade of off-white. Someday I want to see Hagia Sophia in person; only reason I'd ever fly out to Istanbul.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

packetmantis posted:

Real actual bats? What did they do with the bat poo poo everywhere?

I hear it drove them batshit, trying to clean all the bat poo poo.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

JFK's terminal 5 has an awesome view of this terminal. Once a year (every 5 years? something ridiculous, anyway) they open it to the public. Someday I hope to see the inside.

Regarding 1950s-60s architecture chat: atomic ranch homes are awesome. Nothing makes me sadder than when some idiot takes one of these beauties and "updates" it with modern kitchen cabinets, bathroom tile, whatever--it just looks WRONG. It is my dream to own one of these and restore it to its former metal-cabinet, pink-tiled-bathroom glory.

Googie architecture was pretty fuckin' fun too.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

drat NIGGA posted:

Loz Feliz right (unless you didn't take this). I love coming across random googie stuff in socal

I didn't take it, just found it after a google image search for Googie. Growing up in LA in the '90s you saw this stuff all over the drat place, in various states of repair. The area between LA and Vegas is a desert filled with Googie bones, too.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Dienes posted:

I want to know what the sound of it falling off was. Peeling velcro?

I've had to tear some vines off a building before, and rustling leaves basically covered up the sound. Infestation wasn't as severe as that one, though.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Default Settings posted:

All I can see is this:

That building was clearly something before the Scientologists bought it, but I can't figure out the right search terms to find out. Anyone have an idea?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Blistex posted:

I like big juts and I can not lie
You other realtors can't deny
That when a house goes up with a ton of wasted space
And a faux-dormer thing in your face
You get 25-percent down!

Not so much a failure as nouveau-bland design and colour taking over. (Guess what colour the entire interior is)

Is this in Idaho? Looks eerily similar to my sister's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

This trips me out a little since I live within driving distance of two pretty healthy malls. Are they really on the way out in general?

• Locked thread