Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

This sounds right. Coordinating the MEP on a project is huge which is why people like me get paid retarded sums of money to build accurate models that virtually build an entire project before they even break ground.

BIM is great until you start getting electrical panels feeding themselves. I'm consistently amazed by revit and not in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, Revit is great for everything except for electrical design and has been for years. You're much better off using AutoCAD MEP (devices are your friend) since it's much, much better for electrical design while still giving you about 95-98% of the BIM functionality that Revit gives you.

If you set electrical equipment to a "Demolished" phase it just deletes it.

The MEP side of revit is jankey as hell but its required where I work so its what I'm stuck with. At leas t device placement is easy.

• Locked thread