Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

0haiThere posted:

Maybe old Greek/Roman buildings were originally painted, but their colors faded over the years. Like how they used to paint their statues.

Actually, that could be a cool idea for a photoshop thread. "Paint the brutalist building".

Those colors are the base coats and primers. That would be like saying all canvas paintings would look like Gesso.

We have no clue what they really looked like, but I'd bet '100% realistic'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

The Iceland opera house (Harpa) is amazing, and the first modern building I've been in that made me feel good spend a lot of time inside looking at all the views and surfaces.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Add a bounce pad and some railgun ammo and it's a Quake 3 level.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

evilclosetmonkey posted:

I absolutely hate this building in Kansas City, KS

Somewhere, a lovely Tetris player is being triggered

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

A Winner is Jew posted:

What do you want to know?

Horror stories about contractors not knowing how to properly form concrete and literally ruining a multi-million dollar building?

How loving up a single number on a plan can cost millions of dollars?

Yes

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

A Winner is Jew posted:

So I can't post pictures or go into a ton of specifics because (a) it will give away where I work and (b) there are still some pending lawsuits on these.

Thank you, this is awesome.

My mother was in retail property management - basically handled shopping malls from construction to keeping it together when it was full of tenants and shoppers - and I did clerical work there to help pay my way through college.

I knew about the gently caress-ups she dealt with, but nothing on that scale.

• Locked thread