Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

nomadologique posted:

why is it wildly impractical?

i'd love to live in a plate glass house with no curtains up on a great big hill where everyone can see it in a town with the most intrusive photographers per capita in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i also love it when direct sunlight photodegrades everything i own

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ivor Biggun posted:

:spergin: Goons would design for maximum efficiency

dont post my tropico screenshots

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Grope-A-Matic posted:

Wait, are mixed-use buildings not a thing anymore? There seem to be a bunch in Charlotte and Raleigh.

they tend to not be built as new development nowadays but if a developer is trying to build mixed use that is good and cool as long as they'r enot tearing down something gooder or cooler

everyone knows mixed use is the way to go in urban development but unless the local government is taking a strong stance on regulating them into existence they tend to be more hassle than they're worth from a land development standpoint

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CannonFodder posted:

He was talking about Charlotte and Raleigh because NC cities have tried hard to build up their downtown areas with mixed commercial/residential areas with areas friendly to pedestrian traffic. The craft beer boom has helped, because now there are loads of craft breweries with restaurants setting up shop downtown.

charlotte and raleigh actually give a poo poo though and are building new mass transit as well. in cities where the local government does not give a poo poo (most of them) then you're a lot less likely to get mixed use development

• Locked thread