Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
headshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in Scott Adams' utopia, all orgasms will be hands-free http://blog.dilbert.com/post/110727696721/your-best-orgasms-are-ahead-of-you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
does everyone live on dilberitos in this perfect, uniform city?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
scott adams' notion of a non-weatherproof, standardized car:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

wait, wait wait wait

quote:

And let’s say you ban the postal service from this new city because all they do is deliver garbage anyway. (All bills will be online.) And let’s say if you do accumulate a bag of garbage you can just summon a garbage vehicle to meet you at the curb using the same app you use for other vehicles. By the time you walk to the curb, the vehicle pulls up, and you toss the bag in.

:eyepop: shaggar is scott adams :eyepop:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I'm surprised he didn't take it to its logical conclusion and just get rid of transportation all together. teledildonics and e-learning and home farming means you never have any need to go anywhere, ever.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haha comic man funny want live in his city

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

By the time you walk to the curb, the vehicle pulls up

in Scott Adam's utopia, a garbage truck will be within walking distance of every person at all times.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

As a Millennial I posted:

I'm surprised he didn't take it to its logical conclusion and just get rid of transportation all together. teledildonics and e-learning and home farming means you never have any need to go anywhere, ever.
and you only really need one of those anyway :q:

(home farming obvioiusly)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

scott where will i put my guns scott

my guns

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Cat Face Joe posted:

scott where will i put my guns scott

my guns
u can store them on the gunchain

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its me, i'm the contaminated aquifer and barren waterways that result when 10000 amateur gardeners dump a shitload of Miracle-Gro onto their cucumbers to try to make quota

lmao mr. dilbert wants to make great-leap-forward era china

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

also what will be done about the un-white menace scott

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

its me, i'm the contaminated aquifer and barren waterways that result when 10000 amateur gardeners dump a shitload of Miracle-Gro onto their cucumbers to try to make quota

lmao mr. dilbert wants to make great-leap-forward era china

in Scott Adams' utopia, they would use a new form of Miracle-Gro that had no negative impact on the environment.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

we'll plug watson technology into siri and then siri can diagnose you better than a doctor and tell you to go kill you're self

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

scott how quickly can one of the self driven cars pick me up if say a black person were to make eye contact with me

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

new sim city looking redundant

e: the grey houses look like the abandoned ones in sc2000.exe

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 18, 2015

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

u can store them on the gunchain

scott if we are living practically for free how will my bitcoins make me ultra rich

scott i need to know

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Condiv posted:

we'll plug watson technology into siri and then siri can diagnose you better than a doctor and tell you to go kill you're self

hahahah can't wait

"watson, how do we improve the property values of our neighborhood"

"You're being racist."

MR ADAMS THIS THING IS loving BROKEN

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Scott Adams' utopia will have those solar panel roads like from the kickstarter, only they'll be cheaper than those because they'll be underground so they don't have to be weatherproof.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

unlimited bus pass is 79 a month here, half price for students or if you're below the poverty line.

buses should be free

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

in Scott Adams' utopia, they would use a new form of Miracle-Gro that had no negative impact on the environment.

thats the best part, his entire scenario is basically "what if everything that causes problems in civilization was changed so it didnt cause problems then everything would be awesome wouldnt it"

it also ignores how much slack the outside world has to pick up to make and deliver your self driving cars, identical wifi routers, astroturf and various sauces and condiments

sorry about seriouspost

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

scott how will this utopia be defended when the illegal government comes for my hard earned taxes scott

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
life sure will be full and worthwhile

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
humans are too consumed by too much selfishness and hatred for utopia to exist. but it would be cool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

humans are too consumed by too much selfishness and hatred for utopia to exist. but it would be cool

This sort of city has to be opt-in only, or by invitation only. I think you do have to engineer the population at the same time.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i didn't make that one up that's actually him, as is this

I'm fairly certain there was an early human arguing against the wheel too. "Remember when Zog make the trapezoid. It no roll. Making round wheel just as doomed."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fiscal conservatism and libertarianism are actually opposed but most people into both those things are too dumb to figure that out

not only is freedom not free, it's actually quite expensive

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also it's me, i'm the router company that gleefully ships everybody the same router and then when they need a new one, oops, they're in super high demand, they're now $799 instead of $49

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i feel bad ever laughing at a dilbert biut honestly it prob didnt happen too often

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

qirex posted:

fiscal conservatism and libertarianism are actually opposed but most people into both those things are too dumb to figure that out

not only is freedom not free, it's actually quite expensive

they agree on the most important part: white is right

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

they agree on the most important part: white is right

also no they agree on fiscal matters cause libertarianism boils down to "if we make it cheaper and better than they do now it'll be cheaper AND better"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in Scott Adams' utopia, there will be no need for tradesmen of any kind, because if any Thing ever breaks (VERY rare because everything is of better quality), you will just press a button in an app and by the time you look out your window a new Thing will have been delivered by a robot car

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

in Scott Adams' utopia, there will be no need for tradesmen of any kind, because if any Thing ever breaks (VERY rare because everything is of better quality), you will just press a button in an app and by the time you look out your window a new Thing will have been delivered by a robot car

so basically it's the floating city from battle angel alita er, um elisyium that the rich people live in and the rest of the earth wallows in their filth

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

i feel bad ever laughing at a dilbert biut honestly it prob didnt happen too often

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Jonny 290 posted:

The repair and maintenance costs of homes can drop to nearly zero if you design homes from the start to accomplish that goal. You start by using common windows, doors, fixtures, and mechanical systems from a fixed set of choices. That means you always have the right replacement part nearby. Everyone has the same AC units, same Internet routers, and so on. If something breaks, a service guy swaps it out in an hour. Or do it yourself. If you start from scratch to make your homes maintenance-free, you can get close. You would have homes that never need paint, with floors and roofs that last hundreds of years, and so on.

this man literally doesn't understand the meanings of the word "maintenance" and "costs"

e: or basic physics

Sounds like a great way to eliminate competition and choice

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Literally the most important freedom a human can have is the freedom to choose between a number of nearly identical yet differently branded products.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Scott adems, being one of the most notable people in mensa, is smart. Of course, if you read the comic dilbert, you know that like most people in mensa, scoot adams is a very sad, cynical, sarcastic person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
so what happens when your neighbor decides that he wants his communist greenhouse contribution to be durian. or poppies. or he wants to tan his own leather in the communal backyard

• Locked thread