Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in Scott Adams' utopia, every Tuesday is Free Ice Cream Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

so what happens when your neighbor decides that he wants his communist greenhouse contribution to be durian. or poppies. or he wants to tan his own leather in the communal backyard

you engineer that neighbor out of the population

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
scott adams just wants to have a car that folds into a briefcase like on The Jetsons, but he also doesn't want to ever have to drive it anywhere, and has designed an entire elaborate utopian concept based on this desire alone

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
can i beat my wife in dilbertopia. i mean not hard just enough to remind her that shes not as good a human as me

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Scott adems, being one of the most notable people in mensa, is smart. Of course, if you read the comic dilbert, you know that like most people in mensa, scoot adams is a very sad, cynical, sarcastic person.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

daft punk railroad posted:

scott adams just wants to have a car that folds into a briefcase like on The Jetsons, but he also doesn't want to ever have to drive it anywhere, and has designed an entire elaborate utopian concept based on this desire alone

It's a bad design because a briefcase with crumple zones would be terrifible for storing important documents in

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

can i beat my wife in dilbertopia. i mean not hard just enough to remind her that shes not as good a human as me

in Scott Adams' utopia, a robot summoned by app will beat your wife for you.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
paging noted mensa member spanish "francostein" manlove to the scott adams thread

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Elder Postsman posted:

scott adams is a dumb and bad person.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

what kind of wacky things does dogbert get into these days? he's like the funy evil baby on family guy right?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Condiv posted:

what kind of wacky things does dogbert get into these days? he's like the funy evil baby on family guy right?

life liberty and the fursuit of happiness

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

A Pinball Wizard posted:

so what happens when your neighbor decides that he wants his communist greenhouse contribution to be durian. or poppies. or he wants to tan his own leather in the communal backyard

you murder them

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Cat Face Joe posted:

you murder them

Where in this city do you burn the corpse?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that's what the robot garbage truck is for. no witnesses.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Where in this city do you burn the corpse?

anywhere you want and anyone who complains gets added to the pile

are you completely unfamiliar with libertarianism

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Cat Face Joe posted:

you murder them

agreed. they initiated force against your olfactory glands and you are well within your rights to defend yourself by any means necessary.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
these arguments are always fun for like 8 minutes and then you start to piece together in your mind the enormity of the body of ignorance that allows an adult human being to make it not only to, but well past, the age of majority with opinions like these without having a mind shattering mental breakdown

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Jonny 290 posted:

these arguments are always fun for like 8 minutes and then you start to piece together in your mind the enormity of the body of ignorance that allows an adult human being to make it not only to, but well past, the age of majority with opinions like these without having a mind shattering mental breakdown

no no no not an argument, a "thought experiment".

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

this idea of cognitive misery isn't some hurr we only use 10% of our brains thing it's a necessary adaptation to consciousness

willful ignorance is a survival technique

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

qirex posted:

willful ignorance is a survival technique

Explains so much about the posting in yospos.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
pls change libertarian in the thread title to dilbertarian

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
his utopia sounds suspiciously like the novel brave new world

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
except he read it and said, "yes. YES. the perfect society"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its great how this is 50% hardcore fygm libertarianism and 50% iron fist communism too hahahahahahahah

he's such a confused little fellow, head full of ideas swirling around

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Jonny 290 posted:

its great how this is 50% hardcore fygm libertarianism and 50% iron fist communism too hahahahahahahah

he's such a confused little fellow, head full of ideas swirling around

no no no - its managing cognitive dissonance. He doesn't adhere to just one bad ideology - he can mix and match two.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

didnt read

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

theadder posted:

didnt read

enough about mr dilbert's upbringing

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

in Scott Adams' utopia, you will walk downhill both to and from work. this will save millions

there's only one place to poo poo in Scott Adams' utopian city

Scott Adams' utopia will have those solar panel roads like from the kickstarter, only they'll be cheaper than those because they'll be underground so they don't have to be weatherproof.

lol, especially at the first one

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
known libertarian creates communist city :rolleye:

also,

an idiot posted:

As a hypnotist, all you need to do is identify a person’s sexual fantasies from their normal conversation (a trick I learned in hypnosis class),

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i used to read his book and go hmm yase

one of his books says that u just write down something u want everyday and then it happens :|

ie this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sarJtKM-Ku4

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

bobbilljim posted:

i used to read his book and go hmm yase

one of his books says that u just write down something u want everyday and then it happens :|

ie this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sarJtKM-Ku4

totes true though. Every day I wrote down that I wanted to write down what I wanted evvery day. Still working out for me.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
If you set the bar low enough, you can meet all your expectations1

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in Scott Adams' utopia, robot cars will be free because they'll mine Bitcoins with their extra cpu time

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

SYSV Fanfic posted:

totes true though. Every day I wrote down that I wanted to write down what I wanted evvery day. Still working out for me.

you're doing it wrong you're not supposed to write that you want something that's already true!

lol idiots get on my iq level

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
will the only food be dilburritos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

also it's me, i'm the router company that gleefully ships everybody the same router and then when they need a new one, oops, they're in super high demand, they're now $799 instead of $49

i'm the router and window and air conditioning repair man that's paid in cucumbers

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

your neighbourhood planning committee holds an endless series of five hour meetings where nothing is decided because the tanner, the homeless addict squatting in your greenhouse, the unmedicated mentally ill neighbour with 900 cats and the obese weirdo who doesn't even live nearby but spends his days slowly driving around the children's playground in a windowless van and who shows up to the meeting with two handguns tucked into his sweatpants spend the whole time shrieking "be excellent to one another" at each other.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/103051162496/starting-to-write-a-dilbert-movie

quote:

I should tell you that I am not writing an animated movie. What I have in mind is a substantial “reimagining” of Dilbert. It won’t be a bunch of actors sitting in cubicles and complaining about work. I’m not writing the sequel to Office Space. If the movie ever gets made it will be a re-launch of Dilbert for a younger generation. And I’m aiming for it to be a big-budget “tent pole” feature, as they say in Hollywood. Tent poles are a studio’s big feature films that make all of the money.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's stunningly earnest about how much of a rube he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Improbable Lobster posted:

will the only food be dilburritos

Sham bam bamina! posted:

does everyone live on dilberitos in this perfect, uniform city?

• Locked thread