Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i have not read the article yet but i do not care for libertarians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

ok i read it now and it's all extremely stupid. scott adams is a dumb and bad person.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

The repair and maintenance costs of homes can drop to nearly zero if you design homes from the start to accomplish that goal. You start by using common windows, doors, fixtures, and mechanical systems from a fixed set of choices. That means you always have the right replacement part nearby. Everyone has the same AC units, same Internet routers, and so on. If something breaks, a service guy swaps it out in an hour. Or do it yourself. If you start from scratch to make your homes maintenance-free, you can get close. You would have homes that never need paint, with floors and roofs that last hundreds of years, and so on.

this man literally doesn't understand the meanings of the word "maintenance" and "costs"

e: or basic physics

well jonny the pyramids have been around for thousands of years, surely we modern Freemen can create buildings that last even a fraction of that time

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

also i am literally laughing my butt off at "Everyone has the same AC units, same Internet routers, and so on." because yes THOSE are the important components of a home. indeed. thank you scott adams for your wisdom.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

pictured: scott adams' ideal neighborhood

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

du -hast posted:

where is this bc tbqh i wouldnt b surpprised to find this in san francisco

mexico city

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

quote:

And if you imagine underground roads, the cars don’t need to be weather-proof.

i'm imagining, scott! i really am. wow. it's amazing.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

wait, wait wait wait

quote:

And let’s say you ban the postal service from this new city because all they do is deliver garbage anyway. (All bills will be online.) And let’s say if you do accumulate a bag of garbage you can just summon a garbage vehicle to meet you at the curb using the same app you use for other vehicles. By the time you walk to the curb, the vehicle pulls up, and you toss the bag in.

:eyepop: shaggar is scott adams :eyepop:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Scott adems, being one of the most notable people in mensa, is smart. Of course, if you read the comic dilbert, you know that like most people in mensa, scoot adams is a very sad, cynical, sarcastic person.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Cat Face Joe posted:

you murder them

agreed. they initiated force against your olfactory glands and you are well within your rights to defend yourself by any means necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Mister Macys posted:

Hey idiot, communal farming will fail due to the simple fact that people aren't robots and won't eat the same poo poo day in, day out, for the rest of their lives. It'll become a clusterfuck in six months or less.

Also, I don't loving like broccoli, and I'm not trading my potatoes for it. :colbert:

broccoli is Good

• Locked thread