Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Maybe the man shot in the back was a bad man?
Maybe the man shooting the other man in the back wasn't a bad man?

Just asking questions here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

the real problem is that US cops are some pussy bitches who can't even handle a teenager without pulling a gun on them.

"but they might have a gun/knife/armed negro guerilla fighter backup" :ohdear:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

blarzgh posted:

I think its telling that the Four Horsemen of the Threadpocalypse are only concerned with talking about the pedantry of how I phrased what I think about racism, and less concerned with parsing the pros and cons of a grass-roots approach to fixing racial disparate impact in the criminal justice system.

Its almost like they'd rather pick someone to make the villain and string them up than talk about the problem.

Maybe if you posted white you would not get shat on

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Why are you people even arguing?
Racism is over,it just doesn't happen anymore!

Jeez

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Those are only accusations, probably followed by totally bullshit suspensions.
Racism doesn't exist anymore, when will you darkie retards get that

(Lmao how does a guy like that get to be a police chief of all things, gj america)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

I keep checking this thread regularly just to remind myself that there are actual people on this planet devoting their free time to defend child murderers.

Did you guys discuss the case where a mom shouted at a patrol cop for help because her daughter cut her leg? The cop got close, decided to shoot the family dog before approaching, missed, hit the kid in the leg and then escaped.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

The fact that some of the tape is missing does not by itself prove someone tampered with it.
I agree.
That shooting video looks really fake too, has it even been provedn this guy is actually dead in the first place?

Probably loving SJWs trying to stir up poo poo against cops

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

TheImmigrant posted:

Would you prefer a justice system in which guilt is presumed of criminal defendants?
I just find it worrying that the self-professed members of the US justice system will bend over backwards to avoid due process when it comes to a police officer straight up murdering someone, hth.

TheImmigrant posted:

Are you addressing me? I have a visceral dislike of cops even stronger than my dislike of ersatz leftist poseurs, but I am a lawyer trained in the US and respect due process. Due process is not a thing you put in scare quotes - it's a constitutional guarantee here. Everyone involved in judicial proceedings gets it. We don't suspend it because it seems likely that dude violated someone else's rights outside of judicial proceedings.

What are you suggesting? That this cop be burned at the stake NOW, because, like, leftist veganism?
Arguing In Good Faith

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

TheImmigrant posted:

This thread is absolutely replete with pearl-clutching about the possibility that a probably-criminal cop won't spend years being gang-raped in prison. If you don't see it, you need to step out of your echo chamber more often.

The fact that you are a lawyer makes this kind of disingenuous bullshit hilarious.

"I can't cite any examples, but you know how those people are!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

As far as i can understand the civil right issue is as follows: when if someone brings a video of a incident into court the only people who can validate that video as evidence are the people on that video. And because the other party is dead you really can't force An American Police Officer to incriminate himself.

This is lawful and good.

• Locked thread