Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I'm interested in why you feel this way. Do you feel like being intoxicated diminishes his responsibility for his actions? Should society at large (via the State) not seek punishment if the victim is uninterested in cooperating with police? Is there something to be said for removing the notably shooty members of our society, if just temporarily, to someplace where they can't get drunk and pop off a few rounds in a convenience store?

The golden example of why the state should press forward even if the victim doesn't want to is domestic abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

If anything, the percentage of arrests and offenders seems low. Where i'm from, black people bat at least double their population percentage in crime representation.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Devor posted:

Then good news for you! Because when 33% of your population is non-black, having only 7% of arrests being non-black means that the police force is targeting blacks 300% harder, and not just double.

The black population is almost certainly a lot poorer than the white population, and committing crimes at a much higher rate. Also, when it comes to traffic violations, police target poorly maintained cars, because they are easy targets for tickets and outstanding warrants. These poorly maintained cars are going to be disproportionately owned by the poor black residents.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

I love when dirty cops get busted. For example back in my home town a local cop was caught with a profile up on a fetish sex site where he was seen putting a collar on a black girl, calling her "his slave" and hitting her with a whip. Needless to say, this was not very good for the PR of the police department. After that, the city decided to look into his background and discovered that despite being white as a ghost, he wrote down "African American" on his job application in order to increase his chances of getting hired.

It was all quite humiliating.

Is he a hardcore racist, or just the kind of person who lectures people about race online? It's hard to tell these days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Rexicon1 posted:

Why don't poor people just use their money!!!!!!!

The current mayor and previous mayor of Baltimore are both black women, so obviously it's not an impossible strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

To get more support from cops, government should make it explicitly clear that police wearing bodycams are allowed to upload funny clips from the day's patrol on youtube/worldstar.

• Locked thread