Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Has there been any studies, or even attempts (and record of their success) regarding reforming police departments to minimize or eliminate unnecessary use of force, abuses, selective enforcement, open racism, or the like? It's clearly a problem but I've never seen much done about fixing it except "Fire everyone" and "Feds take over."

But what do the feds do? What do the new cops do? How do you pick new cops instead of just getting the same random ones you had before?

Also, has there been any new research on how to productively prevent and stop abuse, be it child abuse, spousal abuse, or any sort of Domestic Violence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I wasn't asking McGruff to materialize from doggy heaven and take a bite out of crime, dude. I was trying to look at one specific part of crime, that is, the police and the departments they work for, and their current problems, and how to fix them. If I was going to just do research and not talk about it why would I be on this forum?

:confused:

As far as helping the homeless by giving them homes, that's a fix for a problem, which is what I was getting at - and one I'd agree with. I'm glad it's being done and works.

• Locked thread