Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huttan
May 15, 2013

Blackjack2000 posted:

WHAT no dating rules? FFS, can someone point me to a 'no dating' rule? Like, how would that even work, what if you went on a date, but didn't kiss her, then it's just a couple of co-workers having a drink after work, no? I've had corporate jobs since I graduated college like 10 years ago, but I've never heard of any 'no dating' rule, ever.

Every company that I've worked for since the mid 90s has had some rule against being in a relationship with someone you report to (or who reports to you) or is in the same department as you (one of you may get promoted). If you work in different chains of command, it is usually acceptable. There have been way too many cases where the couple break up and the one in a supervisory position ruins the life/career of the other one, or that the one in the supervisory position favors their partner over their partner's peers (making the peers miserable). This stuff is usually found in the "conflict of interest" section of your HR manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread