Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Ultimate Mango posted:

All of these are in play to some extent or another. In all of these cases the company was providing the booze and it was definitely a work function. Debate if you want about companies getting their employees blind stinking drunk, this is about firing people.

And I can tell you for sure, if a manager got his employees so drunk that something actually bad happened of an assault type nature, what kind of action would a caution HR department take? The one case that really comes to mind was a situation where a male employee from a different office was already starting to cross the line in terms of the way he was talking to and touching a married female employee. Welcome or not, alcohol or not, the behavior was a violation of sexual harassment policies and everyone there who was a people manager had enough training to know intervention was required. Not optional or because we thought something or our morals said it was wrong,it was straight up company policy. Heck, a manager who didn't intervene in a case like that would probably be fired.

Sure, go ahead and gently caress whoever you want. Have an affair if that is your thing. Just don't put a manager or HR person in a position where they have to do something like break up your fun.

Someone can make a 'loving at work' thread and get a lot of stories from lots of goons.

Edit: there was more than one case where someone asked me to intervene, it's not like people are going around policing office hookups. If someone comes and asks me to help get them away from someone making really, seriously unwanted advances, or just asks for help back to their room because they are falling down drunk, I am the sort to help out. Doesn't matter if you are my sister, boss, employee, or friend.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708735

Boom done now you gotta post more stories or get banned. or something either way do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Yeah it's semi lovely cause GBS but then again where else can you post that.

• Locked thread