Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I had an Organizational Behavior professor who used to say that that he believes companies get the kind of employees they deserve. I can't say I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

MeruFM posted:

it's probably a good idea to dissuade any kind of potential harassment issues between employees during work hours. Harassment lawsuits destroy small companies, and can cause major turbulence even in big companies
See:
Github CEO's wife.
Microsoft's xbox swingers

Bingo. HR and their policies are there to protect the company, not to protect an individual employee's expression of free love.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Nam Taf posted:

There's heaps of relationships at my company? Many out on site because small towns with us in them mean we're the major employer, so you tend not to have many other options, but even in the capital cities the grads will occasionally hook up, or a finance and a business person will hook up, or whatever.

How can you guys be so terrible at being adults about it all?

There are loads of married/dating people in my company, the very definition of a HyperGiantMegaCorp (tech industry dampens it some).

There are loads of people who have spouses/SOs working here. I don't think anyone cares. Maybe they would if there was a boss/subordinate thing going on?

• Locked thread