Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The one time I've been fired, the manager sat me down and said "Today is going to be your last day here." I was okay with it though, I knew I wasn't a good fit and the Thursday prior I'd gotten into a medium sized argument with my department VP in the middle of a meeting, and won, so I knew my days were numbered.

We chatted about a few things that went wrong, both agreed that the VP was a dickhead, and I packed my poo poo and left while the new HR manager watched (on her first day of work). Later that night my former coworkers took me out and got me extremely hammered and when I got home I threw up 3 times. Ah, memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I had to fire someone once and it was a horrible experience even though the person 100% deserved it. My boss was friends with his dad and that's how he got the job in the first place, and got a million chances for that reason despite being absolutely horrible. This went on for several years. Then, right before Christmas, they had an epic fuckup. Everyone else wanted to wait until January, but my boss was so personally offended that he had to be let go on the spot (and no, there was no security or anything, we were too small for that.)

Sounds like my workplace, except in this case my boss had to fire his own daughter. The funny part was that she was terrible at her job and it was obvious she hated it and wasn't cut out for it (basic office paper shuffling, scheduling and arranging large freight shipments to customers) and in spite of that she still threw a huge tantrum as if it came to her as a complete surprise. Yelling at her own dad so everyone in the office could hear it, as if it was some huge unfair slight to her. "I don't want a loving severance, dad! God!" Even though her latest mistake sent several shipping containers to the wrong country, a nearly $40,000 fuckup when it was all said and done.

She was forced upon our director of sales for 2 years, and he complained non stop the whole time. He was so mad at the whole situation that he finally said it's her or me, so my boss's solution was to take her on as his own personal assistant, and it only took 6 months and $40k of company money for him to realize the sales director was right, and she had to go.

• Locked thread