Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...
1995 Buick Regal Custom 3.8 - I paid $500 for it with 150k miles on the clock, but I'll be damned if that car didn't start every time I turned the key and never left me stranded. A/C was ice cold, the 3800 could run like hell but still get good mileage, and it was comfy for my 6 foot fat rear end on long trips.

I got rear ended in it - nothing major, but still damaged the bumper a bit. Drove it home, used a floor jack and some wood, and straightened it out almost good as new.

Still miss that car - gave it to a friend of mine who wrecked his Olds Alero after I got a Suburban. It still went another year before he junked it in 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...

Theris posted:

W-bodies are GM distilled to its purest form, with everything good and bad that implies. If you want a big couch on wheels with bulletproof running gear and don't care that the headliner is falling down and it has twice as many rattles as a 10 year old car should with fit and finish straight out of the malaise era, look no further.

My Regal had the clearcoat peeling in sheets and looked like hell, but I'll be damned if that car wasn't comfy on long trips. The interior was held together by epoxy, the and the exhaust by beercans and wire, but the 3800 never quit and always got me back and forth and gave me 25 MPG if I kept my foot out of it.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I could find one for the right price. Only thing I hated was doing tune ups - the back plugs were a bitch to get at.

• Locked thread