Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Kinda hard to pick between two.. My old 92 Hilux was absolutely unstoppable and went like stink after i threw out the naturally aspirated 2.8L engine and dropped in a factory turbo 3.0L EFI diesel, Lift, lockers and paintwork that was ruined and it just went EVERYWHERE

Only downside was its cramped inside, has a crap driving position and front and rear leaf springs suck arse for comfort, although the Old Man Emu gear went a LONG way to fixing that. Its still in the family though and I still can grab it when needed.

The landcruiser tho is still the one i smile into everytime I jump into it, its big, its powerful, its roomy and its comfortable, and even though its IFS its tough as nails offroad. Did a few things to the engine to get it going a bit better- Piggyback ECU chip, bigger exhaust and a bigger intercooler and the thing gets up and fucks off faster than any vehicle that weighs 3.7T has the right to.

its awesome at everything- Stick some slightly smaller All Terrains onto it and its a great commuter vehicle and highway cruiser, whack the big mud terrains onto it and it will just go offroad almost anywhere you point it. Once it gets a pair of twin lockers and some scrub bars like the old hilux had it will be just about done. Been ultra reliable too, even after i cooked the engine and destroyed all the big end bearings its still going just as strong and just as hard after a bearing swap.

its our offroad home and kitchen

Our submarine/bog hole depth tester (thats what killed the engine bearings, radiator full of mud from this effort- but not a drop inside!

And my photography platform.

I love the drat thing :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread