Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhonda

1995 Accord EX coupe 5 speed with cloth interior. Beige on beige. I bought it for $4000 in late 2006 with just about 100K miles. One owner family and all relevant maintenance done in the previous year (timing belt, etc). She met an untimely end just over a year later when someone decided that texting whilst driving was a more appropriate thing to be doing on a 40 MPH surface street when traffic was dead stopped for two city blocks because it was during rush hour.

This bastard right here:

This "bro" was borrowing the car and was unlicensed and carrying an expired insurance card. I have never before felt like a racist but this boiled me right the hell over "nuclear" and thinking about it still gets me riled up. He rear ended me going so fast that he pushed my car into a 525 E34. There was not a single skid mark left from his tires, but all four prominently leading up from my car into the back of the BMW. It was all so clearly this dudes fault that I was issued no citation (there was PLENTY of room between me and the BMW). To this day I regret that I didn't go to the hospital after since my neck can now pop on-command. I didn't feel that bad immediately following the accident and my head was fully against the head rest.

The car had some faded/oxidized paint like all mid-90's Hondas would. It wasn't terribly fast but man was it just the best cheap car anyone could ever hope for. Insurance totaled it out and I actually got back right about four grand after a year and ~15K miles worth of driving. I think I consider it my "best" car because it was taken too early from me. I could sit at nearly 80 MPH and be invisible to any highway patrol and still get great mileage. Shifting was effortless and I could bang through every single gear the exact same way every single time. When I see one that isn't trashed to hell and back I always point it out to my wife and tell her how great that car was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread