Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Definitely the first car I chose myself - a Japanese Import 1990 Integra XSi sedan. Mine also had all the normal DA issues, cowl leak, tail light leaks, rusted sunroof tray, main fuel relay, worn out shift and rear trailing arm bushings, cracked engine mounts, cracked radiator top tank but I managed to fix everything (including the cowl which was a massive pain in the arse).

Had Jamex spring in when that picture (badly sagging in the rear) but I replaced them with some Neuspeed Sport models which evened it up nicely (and improved the handling immensely).

Why was it the best? Well it certainly wasn't the quickest or the most reliable but it was a lot of fun and very economical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Blaise posted:

TLDR: Buy 1g miata, add torsen, live happy forever.

I had one for six months or so but it never really clicked with me - sure it was great to drive with the top down, but the whether round here meant that was a rare occurrence. Also not being able to take passengers (or indeed any luggage) got old fast.

It taught me that I'm more of a hot-hatch guy - for me it is the one category of car that can do it all.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Sadi posted:

Clearly the porsche walked him on anything resembling a strait.

The Porsche was amphibious,?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Blaise posted:

Where are you located?

I'm lucky -- I rarely have passengers and the most I need to haul is typically food or my gym bag. I can get around on a motorcycle most of the time :)

Wellington, New Zealand. It's not that cold here but it also seldom gets very hot and even when it isn't raining everything is generally grey and unpleasant and windy

It's a pity because for the nice days nothing beats an MX5 - definitely the car I ended up doing the most detours in

• Locked thread