Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's gotta be my 2000 Peugeot 406 TS4:

1400kg of the finest French steel, made for long distances, long service intervals and longevity. Mine has the 156hp 2.2L 4-cylinder, which has gobs of midrange torque for an engine of that size, and it shares most of its parts with the base 1.8L and 2.0L engines, making it super cheap to maintain.

The suspension is on the firmer side of French comfort, but that's still much more on the comfort side of things than the comparable Germans, so it rides superbly on the highway. It's not Citroën-smooth, but it soaks up even really nasty bumps very well. It also handles so much better than a FWD family car has any right to.

This car has single-handedly converted me to a lifetime fan of of large French cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

angryhampster posted:

*ENORMOUS GIF*

The 406 was the last great Peugeot, from before they decided to only build cheap "voitures tres terribles". Everything that has come since is poo poo.

(The current x08 models may be OK, but the jury's still out)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ExecuDork posted:

Never mind the car, I want your garage!

I get comments like that just about every time I post that picture :v:

It's my dad's garage, he uses it mostly to park his work van at night because it's stuffed full of expensive tools and electronics, and his previous vans have all been broken into at various times. The garage hardly ever gets used for car stuff, mostly it's we just do cabinetry like building flightcases for the band or restoring drum kits, that sort of thing. I think the most advanced car repair we've ever done in there was replacing the drop links on their Citroën. Other than that, it's handy when switching between summer and winter wheels.

It sure is nice having a big open room for various larger projects, though. All of the smaller electronics projects get done in the workshop, but sometimes you just need the extra room.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 11, 2015

• Locked thread