Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geforce
Nov 19, 2014

You may be cooler than me IRL, but I have crippling anxietyTM
:parrot:
For the cash/comfort ratio, my 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL was really hard to beat. This car was a moving couch, with air conditionning, cruise control, electric seats&windows, automatic lights, etc!

It was the 3.3 liters, pretty smooth car. Near the end, I think the catalytic converter was giving up, and the exhaust sound was good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVHoScLzcs

For the fun driving, the unique experience, the full frame tank-on-wheels, my 09 crown vic:

This car is unlike pretty much anything else I've tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geforce
Nov 19, 2014

Left Ventricle posted:

:hfive: A-bodies forever! I had a '92 Century with the 3.3 and a three speed. That has been the most reliable car I've had.

Yes. These cars were really reliable. I'd probably still have it if it wasn't that it does from rust. loving Canadian winters...

geforce
Nov 19, 2014

User Error posted:

Seeing a lot of p71s in here, I'm in the market but for some reason they got really scarce around here lately.

Huggable Bear King posted:

Well they aren't making anymore, 90% of what I've seen is clapped out and diseased looking. My guess is that the cops are holding onto whatever good ones they have as they slowly transition their fleets to chargers.

They stopped manufacturing the car in 2011 in the USA&Canada, a bit later in the united arab emirates. I know some agencies started buying everything they could put their hands on, some because they didn't like the charger (interior space and window visibility is mediocre) and some others because they wanted spare pieces (most polices agencies have no insurances and make their own repairs, the p71 construction make it very easy.

• Locked thread