Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I'm gonna have to go with my 1995 Saturn SL2

It looked like that, but with a lot of hail damage.

It was everything a beater should be. Reliable, fit more poo poo in it than it looks like it should, and absolutely devoured oil. Still it got me through college and 5 extra years, only ever left me stranded once, which I then fixed with a coat hanger and duct tape and got home after some time. It took me all over the South West United States, and got decent gas mileage for me, especially when I previously had an LT1 Firebird that got a whopping 8mpg at the start of the fuel price increases. Ugly, sure, slow, absolutely, and overall pretty horrible to drive, but it was reliable and cheap to run, something which can't be said about any other car I've owned. Somehow my Miata was not cheap to run at all (chasing electrical issues) and I haven't had my S2k long enough to really say "best" because it too is requiring some deferred maintenance and other issues from the PO. It might be my best car some day, but right now it's my lovely beater Saturn.

Edit: Should mention that the coat hangar/duct tape shift linkage bodge job held for at least 6 years and until after I sold the car, which I should have never done but it started failing inspections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread