Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Really? Not a single 1g miata yet?

OK I'll take it.

1992 Miata. I bought this on a whim in 2009 when it came up on CL for $1500 with a hard top.

I still maintain, that even after all the miata love around here, that you won't get it until you own one. I didn't. I drove one and thought it was OK, but it takes some time to grown on you.

I did nothing but upgrade the headlights to E-codes and put on a set of tires and get an alignment.... until the shop broke one of the eccentric bolts (they're assholes and was 100% their fault). So I bought a flying miata Stage 2 suspension, and that was it.

So then I bought a 1992 LE with a turbo kit, roll bar, hard top only, with 15x8s, big brakes, etc, etc.

WRONG. NOPE. NOPE. It was really fast, stopped really well, turned really stupidly hard, and was noisy. It also defeated the whole point of having the top down on a slow, fun car.It was also PERFECT body wise, which meant I never drove it.

So I bought THIRD miata.

1. Swapped the torsen from the '99 into the yellow 92 (4.3 yay!)
2. Sold the black turbo car
3. Sold the '99 after fixing the bent subframe.

And kept the yellow car. Will probably never sell it.

TLDR: Buy 1g miata, add torsen, live happy forever. I don't miss my WRX, any of the sport or dirtbikes I've sold, or even the turbo miata. But man oh man, I don't think I can part with the yellow one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
^ :wtf: are those WRX wheels?!

dissss posted:

I had one for six months or so but it never really clicked with me - sure it was great to drive with the top down, but the whether round here meant that was a rare occurrence. Also not being able to take passengers (or indeed any luggage) got old fast.

It taught me that I'm more of a hot-hatch guy - for me it is the one category of car that can do it all.

Where are you located?

I'm lucky -- I rarely have passengers and the most I need to haul is typically food or my gym bag. I can get around on a motorcycle most of the time :)

Blaise fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 23, 2015

• Locked thread