Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Nuebot posted:

Sauzer blade just won't drop from this stupid metal cooler quest. Am I missing something?

Two things

1) RNG is a bitch

2) If tradition holds up, now that you've come in here to complain about a specific drop, it will happen the next time you try
a) This is also bolstered if some lucky fucker comes in and says "It dropped first time for me."

In more helpful news, It dropped the first time I played that level. I've yet to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Sauzer blade just won't drop from this stupid metal cooler quest. Am I missing something?
Are you getting the ultimate finish? And this might just be confirmation bias, but I feel like a Z ranking increases the chance of stuff dropping.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CzarChasm posted:

Two things

1) RNG is a bitch

2) If tradition holds up, now that you've come in here to complain about a specific drop, it will happen the next time you try
a) This is also bolstered if some lucky fucker comes in and says "It dropped first time for me."

In more helpful news, It dropped the first time I played that level. I've yet to try it out.

:shepface: it dropped right after I came back, refreshed and read this post and tried again. This happens far too much for comfort.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
So, quick question: has anyone figured out what the quickest reinforcement skill / longest lasting reinforcement skill is?

I'm steadily throwing together a heal/support build for expert missions. Energy Zone is cool but requires some luck / coordination to really shine.

Emperor's Sign could be cool, I'm still playing around with testing the distance on it / if it can affect a whole party or not. Also wondering if the healing effect from a Namek using it is better than it was in Xenoverse 1.

The main magic of my attempt right now is the Hm Hm Hmm! or whatever Z Soul. While you're in a super form and during the effects of a reinforcement skill, it heals your allies. Not by a whole bunch, but by a pretty steady amount. Used once, it's useless, but when I liberally sprinkled it around a bunch over an entire expert mission, it helped make the difference between my group passing and my group totally wiping on some of the upper decker missions. Expert missions having as many participants as they do makes the juice worth the squeeze, while I think this soul would be a total waste of time and effort for like, one or two people running a regular mission.

I need something that comes out quick or lasts a long time, though. Unless there's a reinforcement skill I'm not aware of that ALSO heals allies, in which case holy poo poo tell me about it.

Edit: The answer to this question might be Fighting Sun, though I kinda hope it's not.

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 12, 2016

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Endorph posted:

Are you getting the ultimate finish? And this might just be confirmation bias, but I feel like a Z ranking increases the chance of stuff dropping.

I feel like youre right. I z-ranked the kaioken PQ and got it first go. Same with the last 3 expert missions and their skills.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Endorph posted:

Tell that to this X100 Big Bang Kamehameha. :unsmith:

Six times getting Z rank and no luck.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Kaldaris posted:

Well that debunks that. :shrug:

Can someone explain Final Kamehameha to me?
It costs 100 ki more than Perfect Kamehameha. Does FinalK have the same tracking (before firing) that PerfectK does? Is it enough extra damage to justify the extra ki?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kaldaris posted:

I sympathize. But at least we are both getting better and better at murdering Goku and Vegeta on the clock :unsmith:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Oh, and sorry if it's already been posted (I didn't see it...?) but another raid has been announced.

Sunday, November 13th ONLY, from 9:00 AM PST until 5:00 PM PST.

Everyone who participates gets a Hercule Badge and Trendy Shoes.
If Janemba hits level 99 and is beaten, everyone gets 10 TP medals.
Whoever beats Janemba at level 99 gets 25 TP.

You also get points for how much you contribute during the raid.
Get at least 2000: Topknot wig accessory
Get at least 50,000: Janemba’s sword accessory

I do like that it's 8 hours long instead of, y'know, 3. I also wonder if the game will count poison caused by you toward the contribution score.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Janembas Sword shall hang off my erect penis for eternity

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i just want the candy beam

please give me the candy beam. what do i have to do, to get the candy beam. is it a part of the ultimate finish? is it from keeping buu alive? is it the god-awful RNG? What's the deal here, game? Why can't i just buy the skill/clothing/whatever for like a ludicrous amount of TP?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I can't wait for someone to make a cheat engine table to just give me the fancy suit and janemba sword because gently caress these limited time raids.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So I made a female Majin without knowing that they're better for striking than blasting, and I originally chose to make her more of a blaster. Do I need to remake my character, or can I keep going and make up the difference somehow?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

So I made a female Majin without knowing that they're better for striking than blasting, and I originally chose to make her more of a blaster. Do I need to remake my character, or can I keep going and make up the difference somehow?

unless you're planning to do super top tier pvp it really doesn't matter, the differences aren't major at all

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

Dragonballs are not too terrible to get, and those can be used for a respec.

Damage stats make a "Small" difference compared to bar stats (Heads up, it's 42 ki/stamina for a bar now. unlike Xeno 1's 25 per par). But that's still a chunk of damage you will notice to the tune of up to 1,000 on ultimates.

That said? Even though I don't want to respec out of my 100 basic/100 ki supers. I still use strike supers I find useful or enjoyable. like Justice combination, I still use that a truckload even though it deals about 1k less than if I hit with a Final flash. Just down to how easy it is to hit with Justice combo.

If the move is good, and you are good at using it, then you won't need damage stats to get by in PvE. I still use a lot of Ultimates with bad damage for the Ki needed (Like Emperor's death beam) but are so reliable that it makes up for it. But it can certainly feel more satisfying, or give a little edge if you are having trouble with missions that put you on a time limit.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 12, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Does anyone have numbers/info on what different body sizes do for your CACs?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Oh, and sorry if it's already been posted (I didn't see it...?) but another raid has been announced.

Sunday, November 13th ONLY, from 9:00 AM PST until 5:00 PM PST.

Everyone who participates gets a Hercule Badge and Trendy Shoes.
If Janemba hits level 99 and is beaten, everyone gets 10 TP medals.
Whoever beats Janemba at level 99 gets 25 TP.

You also get points for how much you contribute during the raid.
Get at least 2000: Topknot wig accessory
Get at least 50,000: Janemba’s sword accessory

I do like that it's 8 hours long instead of, y'know, 3. I also wonder if the game will count poison caused by you toward the contribution score.
It looks like a random event is more important than patching the game any further. I will be laughing if even the extended time is still not enough.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is the 200 TP Dragon Fist any good? It seems tempting. Also, I got the candy beam first try after posting about it

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

spit on my clit posted:

Is the 200 TP Dragon Fist any good? It seems tempting. Also, I got the candy beam first try after posting about it

It's of the 'enemies will lazily float out of the way of the actual damaging part of the attack' type of Ult unfortunately.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I thought your secondary characters didn't have to re-do the story again. I made a new dude to dick around with and he had to fight Raditz and everything.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

spit on my clit posted:

It does a real good amount of damage with the downside of being "hard" to hit with (aka you need to stamina break first, then it always works unless the enemy has only like 3 stamina or something), it is outclassed in damage, ki cost, speed, and versatility by the gohan/videl ultimate (justice combination?) but that is more of a matter of that one being overpowered than dragon fist being bad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Am I missing something about how Justice Combination works? I kick the person and then nothing happens.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

New Leaf posted:

I thought your secondary characters didn't have to re-do the story again. I made a new dude to dick around with and he had to fight Raditz and everything.
That sounds like Bamco is loving with you. I can't do anything until they bother patching in fixes. Probably won't even see expert missions work until the first DLC comes out.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It should then lead into a powerful combo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have a question about the TP shop, are the moves there exclusive? Or is it just another way of unlocking poo poo?

Also I'm just going to go ahead and call Death Ball as the best ultimate skill in the game because 9/10 times it hits, it's fast and it does good damage. Though I'm keeping Giant Storm around just for the style points. I still need to find a good long range super though. I have nappa's punch thing for close range, the emperor blast for when dudes teleport behind me. But I just can't find a long range one I like. Death Slicer kind of owns though since you can hit a dude two or three times with it.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
I keep seeing this one ultimate in PvP but have no idea what it is called. Some yellow energy punch followed by a close range evil explosion type dealie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BenRGamer posted:

I keep seeing this one ultimate in PvP but have no idea what it is called. Some yellow energy punch followed by a close range evil explosion type dealie.

reverse mabakusenko

it's a piccolo ult that basically functions as a parry, hit them while they're in the pose and you get your poo poo wrecked

it's popular in pvp because it's hard as hell to dodge and you spend no ki if you whiff it

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Yeah, they were basically using it as a counter to my typical style of attack... run in with Arm Crash or Shining Sword.

Little surprised Arm Crash didn't override it, honestly, since it overrides other ults with its guardbreak.

Edit: Where do you get it?

Found it.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 12, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BenRGamer posted:

Yeah, they were basically using it as a counter to my typical style of attack... run in with Arm Crash or Shining Sword.

Little surprised Arm Crash didn't override it, honestly, since it overrides other ults with its guardbreak.

I don't know if anything overrides it. The second they catch you you either have to step or get hosed

The skill shop sells it after....zarbon/dodoria I think? or ginyu force

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Blockhouse posted:

I don't know if anything overrides it. The second they catch you you either have to step or get hosed

The skill shop sells it after....zarbon/dodoria I think? or ginyu force

I noticed. Just... a little unusual, the last time I used Arm Crash against an ult I guard broke someone from inside a final kame

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BenRGamer posted:

I noticed. Just... a little unusual, the last time I used Arm Crash against an ult I guard broke someone from inside a final kame

I'd say it is likely a combination of how these games are hardly consistent in how things work (and how well they work). And the fact that apparently it's a COUNTER Ultimate, and it would be a pretty poo poo counter if it didn't, you know, counter.

The apparent fact it does not use up your Ki if they don't get attacked sounds pretty bullshit, though. Since you can't exactly fake them out of it, and they still have all their ki if you just shoot them in the face instead or something.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nuebot posted:

yeah, Sauzer blade

so regarding the puzzling decision to force all your alternate characters to progress through the game again, while it's super annoying (especially how it blocks off stuff like flying, shop inventories, feature access, etc.) it awesome for one big reason:

you can get TP medals from PQs after you've gotten them on your other characters. Running alts through all the PQs loads you down with medals, it's unreal

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 12, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hey so Krillin's Milk Delivery can go screw itself.

Do I get anything important out of this or Yamcha's turtle-stone hunting?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

achievements and TP medals

costume pieces the first time you complete one of each mission type

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yamchas hunting is much better because you're pretty much guaranteed 10 TP every time as opposed to maybe 4 tp

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Holy poo poo the Omega Shenron Expert Mission is impossible with COM allies. Burned through all the Expert Missions with COM so far and this one is just too much.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

-Fish- posted:

Holy poo poo the Omega Shenron Expert Mission is impossible with COM allies. Burned through all the Expert Missions with COM so far and this one is just too much.

That one is hard as gently caress. Good luck being the only person he doesnt teleport :ughh: honestly if you can smash one crystal whilst alone, you've done really well

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Is Final Kamehameha worth it if I already have Super Kamehameha?

Because Final won't drop from the PQ for me :argh:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I get around 10 - 15 tp medals for every milk delivery I do dunno what you guys are doing. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one of the BGMs you can select from the main menu after you beat the game syncs up perfectly with the A presses

• Locked thread