Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, I was reading through LeaveMyWife's LP of FF6 and thought, you know, you could probably make Sabin's outfit in Xenoverse 2. Guy is the DBZ'est of all FF characters, after all.

Haven't fiddled with hair, but I think it looks pretty good.

Edit: Something screwy seems to be happenin to the picture. Stupid steam screenshot library.

Pic is here http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/147885238899553931/6BB8AE9C7EF45072CDC0094CC02A814BA7CCBA14/

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

steam saves screenshots as mid-quality jpegs. you can go into your settings > in-game and look for Save Uncompressed Copy, and check that box. Then go to the screenshots folder button and pick a place for it to save your screenshots. Now it'll save copies as pngs or tgas, I forget which into that folder

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

For you people who have trouble with delivering milk, are you guys pressing A for every step? I just press the A button whenever I'm taking a step with my right foot and never when going up/down stairs and I've done fine.

It's nowhere as fast as turtle stones, but shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I finished off all the expert missions to get Super Spirit Bomb and I have to admit to a certain fondness in hitting a dude with that thing and then teleporting in with a Big Bang Kamehameha while they're still getting crushed by it.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

charismaslover posted:

Is Final Kamehameha worth it if I already have Super Kamehameha?

Because Final won't drop from the PQ for me :argh:

As a male with Super Vegeta 2 and 125 into Ki supers: Perfect Kame costs 400 ki and does 10700~ damage and is effective from close, medium and long range. Final Kame costs 500ki and deals 11500~ damage but seems to only be effective from close or medium range. At long ranges, it seems to miss its final few hits and does around 8500 damage.

After using them both a lot, I stick to Perfect Kame. Final isn't 'bad' by any means, I just think Perfect is more friendly to use and does very good damage.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Apparently the games having a melt down as all the ground no longer, uh, works? Everyone's just falling through it, no building has clipping. I went in the glass tube thing in the PQ area and poked the time machine.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Section Z posted:

Dragonballs are not too terrible to get, and those can be used for a respec.

Damage stats make a "Small" difference compared to bar stats (Heads up, it's 42 ki/stamina for a bar now. unlike Xeno 1's 25 per par). But that's still a chunk of damage you will notice to the tune of up to 1,000 on ultimates.

That said? Even though I don't want to respec out of my 100 basic/100 ki supers. I still use strike supers I find useful or enjoyable. like Justice combination, I still use that a truckload even though it deals about 1k less than if I hit with a Final flash. Just down to how easy it is to hit with Justice combo.

If the move is good, and you are good at using it, then you won't need damage stats to get by in PvE. I still use a lot of Ultimates with bad damage for the Ki needed (Like Emperor's death beam) but are so reliable that it makes up for it. But it can certainly feel more satisfying, or give a little edge if you are having trouble with missions that put you on a time limit.

Endorph posted:

unless you're planning to do super top tier pvp it really doesn't matter, the differences aren't major at all

Is there anything stopping me from just putting on skills that I like on her, then? I might mix it up and do a hybrid approach, now.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I've seen a few players using an item called Time Patroller Battle Gear, basically a colorable version of Broly's clothes. Can't find how to get it anywhere online. Anyone seen how to get this?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BenRGamer posted:

Apparently the games having a melt down as all the ground no longer, uh, works? Everyone's just falling through it, no building has clipping. I went in the glass tube thing in the PQ area and poked the time machine.
That is working as intended.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I just beat the main story and have to collect a bunch of eggs. I got two questions:

1. Do you ever unlock your first TP from Xenoverse 1 as a playable character at any time? Or do you have to remake that character from scratch?

2. Do raids work? Xenoverse MP has always been pretty janky and I can't imagine it working with 8 people. I know the mandatory raid mission tutorial didn't work with CaCs and had to be done with regular characters. Do the raid mission have weird broken stuff like that?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

Is there anything stopping me from just putting on skills that I like on her, then? I might mix it up and do a hybrid approach, now.

Oh yeah, totally go for it. The upshot of damage stats having "An 11% max difference" or whatever is you can experiment and just use whatever moves actually work out for you. Get a feel for what you love, then decide if it's worth it to Respec to suit your tastes once you are closer to level 80. For the sake of 500-1,000ish damage differences to Ults, Supers, and Combos Vs more bars or health. (I would go absolutely bonkers without at least 50 in Basic attack, I admit, to somewhat counteract my QQ bang stats)

And with the way tracking can be screwy, and how the AI reacts (particularly as you get later into the story and PQs), I have come to value moves I can use well, over moves with more raw damage if I hit but being a chore to hit with.

So much nicer if I can get stuff with pleasant damage, AND easy to hit with though :v:

If you decide to bring along a quick beam super for follow ups, my personal suggestions are either Raditz's (Mentor trained) Double Sunday. And 2 ki bar Kaioken Kameha (No X whatever multipliers) in PQ... whatever.

I threw Masenko in the garbage the Nth time it clipped through a target's hitbox with it's narrow as hell beam. Double Sunday meanwhile, has a much wider hitbox thanks to the dual beams animation. If you are lucky it will count both beams hitting for Double Damage, and the wacky V shot option has caught the AI side hopping at times if I just threw it out at randomly in frustration.

Kaioken Kameha Costs 2 bars, and is an instant firing kameha. It can't be charged up, but it deals twice as much damage as the average 1 bar Ki super. Plus it applies for that Kameha boosing Super soul. (When I'm lucky with Double sunday hitting twice, it does ALMOST as much damage as Kaioken Kameha).

These bad boys have helped me murder the poo poo out of every form of Goku and Vegeta in the game.

Though for obvious reasons, a lot of people are big fan's of Beerus's mentor trained 1 bar finger laser that acts as a ranged normal stamina break.

My wacky mindset is to avoid stamina breaks (outside of knocking them out of Ults) in PvE so they are stuck at low Stamina, only able to teleport or evasive super once or twice in a row to make laying into them with a lot of simple combos capped with special moves easier. Instead of breaking them, trying to land one big move (That they will have damage reduction against), and dealing with the fact they have refilled all million stamina bars while I'm still low, even with rise to action.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 13, 2016

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The raid is up above the school.

How do people not know to dodge its only attack :negative:

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm not seeing anything above the school? I'm on PS4, is there something in particular I should be doing to get the Raid to show up?

Edit: gently caress, you need PlayStation Plus to get it. God dammit. I can't afford to fork over the subscription fee right now. Y'all have fun!

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 13, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What are the steps to join the raid?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Video with the location of the Raid and how to join
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmbwVANvTiQ

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I think the raid starts at noon est. did you change the in game clock?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

God drat you're right, it's supposed to start at noon. I missed that it said PST. Maybe there's hope yet? I've been able to access all other kinds of online play so far so it was a surprise finding out today that I couldn't get into Raid Missions with out PS+

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hahaha the raid is from 1:00am to 9:00am local time. And I have to get up for work at 6:00am tomorrow.

Eh. A pair of shoes aren't really all that anyway.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

You must be in the online lobby to join it.

I was rank 3rd on the EU server :vince: I stopped playing now that I got to the 50,000 contribution for the sword.

Veg fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 13, 2016

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Crunched the numbers. Just need to hit Janemba with Giant Storm at least 7 times at all to get his sword. This shouldn't be too difficult.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

-Fish- posted:

Crunched the numbers. Just need to hit Janemba with Giant Storm at least 7 times at all to get his sword. This shouldn't be too difficult.

It took me 2 hours to grind the 50,000 damage on the leaderboard and I'm spamming Giant Storm as my main offense. Maybe redo your maths...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He probably used the base charge Super to gather his ki.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Yeah I didn't realize that damage for a Raid boss was much lower.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What does Janemba's sword look like

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
a sword

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Any tricks to avoiding his "the whole drat level" razor wind AOE attack?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I take it in the PQs i actually have to complete it numerous times to get the full set of a characters equipment? I've noticed i'll only walk away with the arms and legs on some missions.

Are you guaranteed the other pieces the next time or will you get duplicates?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol, this raid

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

gently caress, servers are making it impossible to get anywhere in this game. Can't go two matches without getting booted 2-3 times.

This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require multiple login attempts for me to actually get back in.

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 13, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So you finish the story and don't even get a special outfit like last time? Can you even get that outfit without porting it over?

Also, PQ 100 can suck my nuts, I got all I wanted out of it, which was the top of the outfit, but that only requires beating one of the two. I had Goku on his final health bar when I ran out of time on this last run.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the Goku mentor has his lines for B and A completions flipped. B says you did good and surprised him or something, A says you can do much better than that.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

gently caress it, I'm bailing on this raid. This is too annoying to make getting to 50k worth it.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

New Leaf posted:

So you finish the story and don't even get a special outfit like last time? Can you even get that outfit without porting it over?

Also, PQ 100 can suck my nuts, I got all I wanted out of it, which was the top of the outfit, but that only requires beating one of the two. I had Goku on his final health bar when I ran out of time on this last run.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the Goku mentor has his lines for B and A completions flipped. B says you did good and surprised him or something, A says you can do much better than that.

It's an additional reward in the Potential Unleashed fight.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kin posted:

I take it in the PQs i actually have to complete it numerous times to get the full set of a characters equipment? I've noticed i'll only walk away with the arms and legs on some missions.

Are you guaranteed the other pieces the next time or will you get duplicates?
The drops are random yeah, so it's basically a 1/4 shot you'll get what piece you want from each enemy that drops it. :toot:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Asimo posted:

The drops are random yeah, so it's basically a 1/4 shot you'll get what piece you want from each enemy that drops it. :toot:

Oof, basically the one thing about the first game that was absolutely shite. Cheat engine hasn't been updated to give a 100% drop rate yet either.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
It's cool how the com takes over for dc'd players then flies into a wall until the time runs out.

Edit:It also makes you complete the mission.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 13, 2016

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I'm tryina figure out the Power Pole Pro transform, it's neat, but I'm not sure of the combos in it. And I can't seem to do a guard break? Anyone else have that issue?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

BenRGamer posted:

I'm tryina figure out the Power Pole Pro transform, it's neat, but I'm not sure of the combos in it. And I can't seem to do a guard break? Anyone else have that issue?

I think circle can break guard, atleast it charges the same as a guard break.

The best combo is the one you do from flying that ends in you posing, that pose (and seemingly most things) can be cancelled with the triangle attack, to the point that if you time it right you can hit them with it while they are flying away from the last hit before the pose.

Another hot tip is your back triangle attack is super fast and hits EVERYWHERE around you, dont be afraid to just mix it into combos if you even think they might try to vanish because it will hit either way.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
This raid wouldnt be super poo poo if people would stop poisoning him and making him flip out with the razor blade attack.

Edit: 3 hours of work and only up to 6000 something points. Yeah, I think I'll leave off here.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 13, 2016

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Managed only 28k from doing nothing other than the raid since I got home. SO MUCH DEFENCE
So lost out on the sweet sword sadly
That is it, need to level up my FemSaiyan ASAP for BBK to face spam on raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Black_Oni 165 posted:

Managed only 28k from doing nothing other than the raid since I got home. SO MUCH DEFENCE
So lost out on the sweet sword sadly
That is it, need to level up my FemSaiyan ASAP for BBK to face spam on raids.

It's way easier doing it at the start of the raid than towards the end.

Do we know which servers finished the raids?

• Locked thread