Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
God, I cannot stop listening to the new song. I was a little underwhelmed the first time I heard it, but it's gotten its hooks in deep at this point. That guitar solo at the end makes me so very, very happy. I hope I don't wear it out before the album comes out, but let's just say I'm EXTREMELY excited for this. "13" remains one of my absolute favorite albums, and this really does feel like a continuation, even being produced in much the same fashion. I can't wait to hear the rest of this.

Basically, that was the best surprise album announcement since, well, any. Incredible. I can only hope they come to the Pacific Northwest now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
There's a bootleg of Blur's show from last night floating around out there. It is a Very Good Album. Not a bad track in the bunch, certainly better than Think Tank. "Ghost Ship" and "My Terracotta Heart" were my favorites on the first listen.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
Album version of "Lonesome Street" is out, and it's really really great. This album is finally starting to make sense to me. Subject matter of all the songs is very similar to Modern Life is Rubbish.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

Where would I find this?

https://soundcloud.com/cultura-indie-7/01-lonesome-street

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
Alright, watched the "live" stream today. This album is incredible. It might be their best. It's certainly the most consistently enjoyable. No songs I'd skip.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
Whole thing is out there. Have listened a couple times, and it's really super super good. "My Terracotta Heart" is beautiful, "Ghost Ship" is gonna go on all summer fun mixes despite it seeming to be about drug addiction, and "Mirrorball" is an awesome spaghetti western feeling closer. I really love this album. All in all, it sort of reminds me of "In Rainbows", because it sounds like the band is actually having fun and feels kind of loose.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
So that Pitchfork review was a hack job. Guy who only reviews rap gets to review the new Blur album with no prior experience with the band? Makes a ton of sense. Wonder if the band did something to anger the mighty Pitchfork, like refusing to play their festival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Does it really matter?

It might. They said a US tour would happen if sales were good, so a poorly written, unresearched review ain't helping that. If a tour were already scheduled I'd be a little less annoyed.

• Locked thread