Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
unnngggh did you see that vine drawing tool?? it can do flames too that poo poo is SICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
is.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Smythe posted:

wrap ur head around this: I've used gimp for so long, Photoshop feels unintuitive and weird

this was me about a year ago & i do not miss those dark days

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
the only reason GIMP feels more intuitive is because it has so few tools and such stunted capability by comparison

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
GIMP wouldnt recognize my tablet if i used any other input device to start the program lol

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

pagancow posted:

just look at dat

sexy toolbar

wheres your line tool???

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

i've only taken a couple video courses (not a video student, just part of the graphic design courseload i have) and this is the workflow they teach. v cool poo poo imo

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

big scary monsters posted:

idk i don't do anything with moving pictures but this and that other thing about being able to work with different shots of the same scene together seems super loving basic and if that's new and revolutionary in the year 2015 then lol

like how lovely was film editing workflow in the recent past

what they were showing was that you can drag and drop projects from after effects directly into your premiere pro project - two completely different pieces of software doing completely different things, but no need to export from one to another. so you can make your animations and do your rotoscoping and whatever else in after effects, which is built for that, and then just drag your work straight into the premiere pro work file without having to gently caress around with file compatibility etc. being able to do this kind of thing and play it all back in real time is a Big loving Deal

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

echinopsis posted:

given what the programs are and that they are made by same people and etc it absolutely expected that this would be the case, this is the minimum expected from this workflow

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

pagancow posted:

hey guys did you hear of this PHOTOSHOP program? its a COMPLETE PIECE OF poo poo those STUPID DEVELOPERS didn't know how to program a thing

oh why am I angry about software?

their text tool doesn't make pickup truck stencils GOD WHY CANT IT JUST READ MY MIND?!?!

AUGH i went and paid good money for this wrench and it still can't fix my car!!

• Locked thread