Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i use GIMP, Inkscape, and KDENLIVE ......

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

that photoshop. sure is expensive, right

u can use foss alternatives

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
proprietary software is immoral

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

acrobat pro did the super cool thing of actually getting worse between the last several major versions

u haveto write java 2do any logic in acrobat pro iirc FAIL

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

OldAlias posted:

i like making programmable extensions in inkscape with python

anyhow, adobo bad

powerful Man.,... drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Megaspel posted:

Having to use GIMP on the uni linux machines was the worst experience of my life. Everything is so unbelievable unintuitive, like someone had said, "hey, how can we make this not conform to anything in the world?" then went on to piss all over itself.

wrap ur head around this: I've used gimp for so long, Photoshop feels unintuitive and weird

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im a gimp and inkscape man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
KDENLIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im all about kdenlive, sony vegas, uh, whats the foss color corretcor tool? is there one?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pagancow i respect ur work as a entertainment pro. and i rly like ur use of powerful windows compys to get done by 5. if i worked for a org that made a dime hell ide make em shell out for some serious software but hell. i work in live theatre my man. i aint got a single cent to spend. so its FOSS for me. ive come to like it, as a lie i tell myself so i can sleep well. do i get done by 5? no. but i work till 9 any ways. i cast the plays and work the box office. i do the contracts and fix the lighting instruments. thats my life boss. thats the FOSS life.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

thanks

now gas the catte thread and become one with the paganside

more complicated than I'd like for that. Cat thread is out of my reach right now, but, as YOSPOS reforms, I hope it will become an environment that's no longer hospitable to cat threads

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

oi think its freakin amazing that someobody composit export immediatly updates in the timeline of someone else. that hit with the deer. that fcukin amazing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is there a foss indesign equiv? i used indesign for college newspaper and it was mega ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i just remmebered. what i wish illustrator had.

non dickfuck ways to transform items on the artboard. Ah, rotation time. HERE'S A BOX YOU CAN TYPE THE DISCRETE NUMBERS INTO. WE WERE NICE ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU A PREVIEW, STOP COMPLAINING

maybe there's akeystroke, or secret handle on the boudning box I didn't see?

u can transofrm rly good on INKSCAPE :smug:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
last chance is mentally I'll and afflicted with fail disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Okular is teh only PDF reader w/ my STAMP OF APROVATL

• Locked thread