Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

photoshoppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

paint.net is like wordpad
it does more but you never really use it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i would legit use psp7 before gimp

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

a lot of power in a type engine that still produces mostly garbage, visually

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

somehow you are better off making your words n stuff in illustrator then pasting and rasterizing. the result is way better

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Macaw is interesting, but missing a loooot.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

someone is telling me inkscape is way better than illustrator.
i'm not convinced.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

selections are part of undo history but active tool isn't a modification so it's not, but i dont see how that's too big a deal

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

changing the foreground/background colors are also not part of undo, however.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

if you save a file, then hit undo, would you like photoshop to delete the file?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

if you would like to have a file printed at any time you will need to save it as the oldest version of software a pentium 4 could have run
i guess they printer guys are so busy printing things they dont want to run an update that will stop them from being able to print for even an hour or they will die

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Maximum Leader posted:

indesign seems ok

Insufficient InDesign Enthusiasm is punishable by 2 months labor in Quark Camp

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Elder Postsman posted:

does Adobe even make a word processor.

framemaker

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i just remmebered. what i wish illustrator had.

non dickfuck ways to transform items on the artboard. Ah, rotation time. HERE'S A BOX YOU CAN TYPE THE DISCRETE NUMBERS INTO. WE WERE NICE ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU A PREVIEW, STOP COMPLAINING

maybe there's akeystroke, or secret handle on the boudning box I didn't see?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

hosed up. i just reset the workspace and now the handles are there

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

pagancow posted:

lol if you are in the industrial sign business for small businesses. might as well use gimp since it will be more needs suiting for being poor all the time.

the sign business: an icon of coreldraw 4 labelled "adoby" with the win95 "cup of brushes" icon

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

a pica is 12 points

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

echinopsis posted:

LAME

just like digital cameras we had the chance to do things fresh and throw all that knowledge and wisdom out the window
but we didn.t

define your method and ideas for typographic measurements

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i work witj images that are in pixels. if you use pixels then you are using the same measurement that you are working on. my things will never become print. they will forever be digital and pixel based

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

well, we could be measuring with 1/2660 th/s of a meter,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i'm enough used to font sizes in pts and how the pixel fonts i have work that idk if actually using px measurements is working out here

• Locked thread