Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Xylorjax posted:

Scraping the bottom here this year. Worst part: I was actually trying when I picked my team.

I've been trying every week I've lost. I'm making all my transfers and it looks like my magic from last year has vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Qu Appelle posted:

I think I'm somehow beating you.

Oooh. THAT'S embarassing.

Full disclosure: I'm also losing in an informal competition with my 7-year-old who picked his team based on names he recognized. Whatever I did that worked last year was clearly short-lived.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Xylorjax posted:

Oooh. THAT'S embarassing.

Full disclosure: I'm also losing in an informal competition with my 7-year-old who picked his team based on names he recognized. Whatever I did that worked last year was clearly short-lived.

Dude.

You're being beat by the MLS All-Star Team of Craven, Doody and Bush.

That should be a law firm: Craven Bush & Doody.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

False. I also have Doody (and Peay), so I'm really just losing to Craven/Bush.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just bumping this poo poo to remind everyone:

I am killin' yall. :dealwithit:

Except for Smob Mob. You right on my heels dawg.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Craven just got bumped up to the Sounders First Team.

Words FC may get some points after all!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

joshtothemaxx posted:

Yeah. I've been slacking. They made it super hard to copy/paste tables this year and I've been mad at them so I haven't taken the 10 minutes per week. :(

But I'm up to 11th considering I've not changed my lineup for 2 months!

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Thanks for the reminder just changed my lineup. Time to make a run towards the top of the table!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Qu Appelle posted:

Craven just got bumped up to the Sounders First Team.

Words FC may get some points after all!

He got minutes when you lost in Portland. He wasn't very good.

Pinkie
Mar 12, 2012
I 100% forgot about this...yay mid-table (ish)!

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely

joshtothemaxx posted:

I don't understand how it's possible. I feel like I've been benching all the wrong players. How are we still tied at the top?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Sweet merciful Christ I won a game.

This is not dead I swear. I am also working on the End of Year trophies as promised.

This is the current state of affairs: (The quality is poo poo because I'm bad at Internet)

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Sweet merciful Christ I won a game.

This is not dead I swear. I am also working on the End of Year trophies as promised.

This is the current state of affairs: (The quality is poo poo because I'm bad at Internet)

Wow. I have actual points.

:hellyeah:

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I haven't been able to log-in to the MLS fantasy site since the last time I posted in this thread. I'm hoping that whomever is in my squad will carry me to glory in the last few weeks.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Diplomat posted:

I haven't been able to log-in to the MLS fantasy site since the last time I posted in this thread. I'm hoping that whomever is in my squad will carry me to glory in the last few weeks.

Yeah this is probably the last time I do this fantasy league because the MLS website for fantasy sucks rear end.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
I haven't logged in since about week 6 and holy poo poo Chivas Pro Cycling 2nd in the league! :getin:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Buttzilla Butts just Buttin' up on the competition.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

:siren: HOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIT!!!!!:siren:

IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!

This poo poo snuck up on me! Top 16 are in the playoffs!

Brackets and stuff will be updated tomorrow.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Ha, I haven't touched my team since back in June, and I only missed the playoffs on points. What could have been if I hadn't been sitting Martins for many many weeks. :allears:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Does that mean I wont the Supporter's Shield?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

Does that mean I wont the Supporter's Shield?

If you are Buttzilla Butts, then yes. Also, Duty Free FC wins the Supporters Shield mk2 for having the most fantasy points in the regular season. And Qu Appelle wins the Spoon this year again while kind of trying.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Oh hey, I snuck into the playoffs somehow.

Damnit that means I should probably pay attention.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

If you are Buttzilla Butts, then yes. Also, Duty Free FC wins the Supporters Shield mk2 for having the most fantasy points in the regular season. And Qu Appelle wins the Spoon this year again while kind of trying.

WHOOHOO!

I'M NUMBER LAST! IM NUMBER LAST!

I can accept the spoon again, or you can award the spoon to the next lowest player. You know - share the love :) Your call!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Qu Appelle posted:

WHOOHOO!

I'M NUMBER LAST! IM NUMBER LAST!

I can accept the spoon again, or you can award the spoon to the next lowest player. You know - share the love :) Your call!

You won it fair and square. :colbert:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

You won it fair and square. :colbert:

I will accept it fare and square then :colbert:

It is a deep honor to again be the very worst. On behalf of Words FC, I would like to thank the Academy....

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Qu Appelle posted:

I will accept it fare and square then :colbert:

It is a deep honor to again be the very worst. On behalf of Words FC, I would like to thank the Academy....

...and I would like to thank your team for existing so that I didn't get the spoon with my lovely-rear end team.

PROTIP: Hitching your team's fortunes to a couple of guys who are gone all summer for the Gold Cup, then ignoring your team during said stretch so you don't fix the problem, is not a recipe for success.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

:siren: And here we are! :siren:

Your results from Round 30, the last round!

And the final standings with the top 16 moving on to the PLAYOFFS! This was surprisingly well fought considering last year had a giant gap between playoff bound teams and the sorry dregs making up the rest of the table. Condolences to Peay And Doody and Black Panthers FC who lost out on point difference.

PLAYOFFS?! YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!!!!!!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I LIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!

Upset weekend up this spot. 6 of 8 matches ended with the underdog winning including seeds 1-5 being knocked out. poo poo's up for grabs yo.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
:negative:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Hahahaha I kick the poo poo out of you asslords all season, lose in the first round of the playoffs. gently caress me, right?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
My reward for an upset victory is having to cobble together a coherent fantasy roster on an international break week where only three games will occur. :negative:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Just like the real league, MLS Fantasy Goonball is all about squeaking into the playoffs and making a run from there. I haven't touched my team in a month or so. Without realizing the playoffs had started, I tried to check on it at work this week but had login issues (I have a Chrome plugin that kills it, not sure which, don't care too much).

Here I am happy to see that by having Robbie Keane captained, I made it through to the next round.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

And, as promised, here are the results from the weekend:

And these are your matchups for the Quarterfinals:

Since there's only 3 games this week, I have no idea what the gently caress is going to happen in terms of transfers/wildcards etc. Looks like this poo poo is really up for grabs. I hope that one guy on your team who plays scores like 10 goals I guess.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Words FC would like to congratulate all of those who made it to the Playoffs; e.g. those who logged into their fantasy teams more than 3 times this season.

I don't even remember my password anymore.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Qu Appelle posted:

Words FC would like to congratulate all of those who made it to the Playoffs; e.g. those who logged into their fantasy teams more than 3 times this season.

I don't even remember my password anymore.

I saved mine to Chrome and that is the only way I made it through this year.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I have news that as a player, I'd tell you to gently caress yourselves, I'm going to keep this to myself and win. As your Benevolent and Wondrous Commissioner, it is my duty to inform those left in the competition that:

You have unlimited transfers this week. There are 2 games tomorrow and 1 on Saturday. Get your lineups set.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I made the playoffs the first time I played this season... woo! but I got knocked out in the first round damnit.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

So the the Semis start tomorrow!

Here's where we are at:

I think transfers are again unlimited this week, so do your thing accordingly. There are a poo poo-ton of games this week and they start Wednesday. Good Luck.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Duty Free kicking rear end! whoop whoop! FYI, led the league in points by about 250 points for but lost a lot of high scoring matchups.

E: I should have stayed quiet. Ended up getting the wrong 2-game players this week.

Tank44 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

So #14 is playing #16 in the final. I'm a poo poo because I forgot about this as I went out in the semis for the second straight year. prizes will be forthcoming. PM me with your addresses those of you who have won things.

• Locked thread