Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I'm getting the feeling that the grooming being done with Marquez is working. The interview posted on the GP site is a lot more "natural" and he seems pretty genuine in his responses:
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2016/10/27/marquez-i-still-love-battling-rossi/214419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

n8r posted:

I wonder if the factory level of tech support matters as much these days with the 'simpler' traction control. I've always been a bit of a Cal hater, he's definitely proving me wrong. I wonder if Cal can overtake Dani for p5 in the championship this year. I think Cal could easily finish in the top 5 next year if his form continues.

What in the world is there to hate about Cal? With Edwards retired Cal is like the most down to earth guy out there.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

hayden. posted:

What in the world is there to hate about Cal? With Edwards retired Cal is like the most down to earth guy out there.

If I just hadn't crashed I could've...

If the tyre wasn't doing x I could've

If it weren't for...

If a peking butterfly hadn't...

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

hayden. posted:

I have no real opinion on any of the riders personalities. I figure they're all cocky assholes in the grand scheme of things. I felt for a long time crutchlow was trading on his passport. I just didn't think he really deserved to be in gp. He snuck in through wss/wsbk and I just didn't think he had the chops to do it.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Slavvy posted:

If I just hadn't crashed I could've...

If the tyre wasn't doing x I could've

If it weren't for...

If a peking butterfly hadn't...

Now that you mention it, I remember all of these too. Lots of cockiness - talking about how he could have beaten MM two races ago if MM didn't crash out.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
OK Moto3 - What the gently caress? 13 crashes, and a red flag.

MotoGP, 9 different winners, 4 different manufacturer winners, not a bad season.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 31, 2016

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Skreemer posted:

OK Moto3 - What the gently caress? 13 crashes, and a red flag.

MotoGP, 9 different winners, 4 different manufacturer winners, not a bad season.

Moto3 was hilarious. A big bunch of riders crash in exactly the same way with no explanation - race on.

Maria Herrera has a run-of-the-mill crash - RED FLAG!!!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Good article.
https://m.motomatters.com/interview/2016/11/01/deep_dive_bradley_smith_explains_motogp.html

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Next year will be interesting, second year for tire development by Michelin, Second year of the spec ECU, and good bye to all the winglets.
Plus we'll have KTM for the first full year, hopefully the rider changes for the other contenders will make some new names in the upper echelon of the middle of the pack.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Bradders & Pol only 1.6 seconds off the top times on the KTMs at end of day 1. Pretty decent effort.

The testing livery Maverick is using is sweet.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
A concise, tl;dr summary of two days of testing:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

nsaP posted:

A concise, tl;dr summary of two days of testing:

Agreed 100%.

Look at Stoner and Lorenzo watching Vinales. https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/videos/10155036936845769/

I don't think Vinales will win it all next year, but he's already pretty fast on the yamaha. As is Lorenzo on the Ducati. Really should be great.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
It's going to be hard to top this year, but I'm hoping it will be close to as good!

I really hope wsbk is more competitive this next season as well. I would love to see Hayden on some hardware that can actually win races.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

I really hope wsbk is more competitive this next season as well. I would love to see Hayden on some hardware that can actually win races.

This. Honda have talked themselves up so loving far with the new blade I'll be crushed if he's still finishing a solid seventh every race.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

builds character posted:

Agreed 100%.

Look at Stoner and Lorenzo watching Vinales. https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/videos/10155036936845769/

I don't think Vinales will win it all next year, but he's already pretty fast on the yamaha. As is Lorenzo on the Ducati. Really should be great.

"Oof. Good luck, mate!"

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
How the gently caress was I the last one to post here?

But: what's the wisdom on seating at COTA? Turn 15? GA? We're flying in so won't easily be able to bring lawn chairs or anything with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

How the gently caress was I the last one to post here?

But: what's the wisdom on seating at COTA? Turn 15? GA? We're flying in so won't easily be able to bring lawn chairs or anything with us.

Here's the places I've stood/sat while at COTA

Turn 15 is grand stands and it's pretty flat there, you'll not get a good view unless you're up in the seats(below the 10th row you see nothing rally but the fencing in front of you). *This is where I've always gotten seats, as high up as I could afford.*
The grass area of turn one you can see them come across the start/finish and come up the hill into turn 1.
The grass area of turn 2 before the grandstands, you can see them make turn one and dip into turn 2. They are going really slow in turn one and it's a good spot to get some pics of them turning "at you" if you have the right lens setup.
The grass area of turn 2 after the grandstands, you can see them in turn two and part of the 3-4 turn complex.
The grass area at turn 6,7, and 8, you can see them through turns 6-9.

The grass areas, be aware you will be sitting in the dirt more or less and all that comes with that.

I've not stood/sat anywhere else in the complex during a race, so I'm not sure about the other areas.

• Locked thread